Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Real ID or not?

Article about: Was surfing around and found this. What do you all think? Thanks dudes. And the LAH tag: I have my doubts, but why not ask around? Thanks again dudes.

Default Real ID or not?

Was surfing around and found this. What do you all think? Thanks dudes.

Real ID or not?

Real ID or not?

Real ID or not?

And the LAH tag:

Real ID or not?

Real ID or not?

I have my doubts, but why not ask around? Thanks again dudes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real ID or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real ID or not?

The KL one looks real enough, but I've not seen a 100% proven real one before so can't match it to anything. The LAH one is doubtful though since I have owned discs that listed Kompanie numbers, but this one has a Bataillon number, and it's correctly LSSAH, not SS LAH, AND the extremely low roll number would indicate an original, pre-war member of the unit but this is a mid-war steel disc, which themselves are often difficult to authenticate.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Looks like I found some doozies here. Normally when in see LAH tags i question its authenticity alot! Got me wondering on these now.

Didn't know this first one was a KL tag specifically. Wonder which KL this tag was designated for...."BU" Buchenwald? Still wondering if its legit... Since none to compare too its a hard choice being hard to compare another such tag. Thanks Matt for your opinion.

?

Quote by octavian View Post
    Looks like I found some doozies here. Normally when in see LAH tags i question its authenticity alot! Got me wondering on these now.
    Well you're certainly right to question LAH discs you find- this one's no different; as I wrote, I have real doubts about it so I don't think it's anything to wonder about...

Oh sorry about the miscommunication Matt. I was talking about the KL tag specifically. My mistake dude. Take care and thanks again buddy.

?

Ah, okay, I just didn't want you thinking I'd said it might be real and buy the thing LOL

The KL one is pretty convincing-looking though- but I'd never recommend buying an uncertain SS disc unless the price is really worth the risk, and the type is just so interesting it'd be sad to miss.