Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

Article about: OK, i came across this, and planning on buying it, everything about it seems right, its NON-MAGNETIC, just like it should be, and the letters " E ' and " I " seem good on it.

Default Re: Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

Sorry, It's a reproduction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..
    P
    Many

Adolfs Boyfriend
    ?

Stands out like dogs balls that they are fake.

1. The dies are exceptionally sharp.

2. There is NO wear on the surfaces, edges or in the upper area of the chain link hole.

3. There is no chemical reactions from oxygen, oxidised and acidic oils reacting with the alloy, finger print stains, humidity, wool or cotton reactions etc., etc....

4. The number stamps are a shoddy job with standard workshop numbering stamps, rather than craftsman style lettering stamps.

5. The german stamps are locked into a block that alignes them and has uniform pressure and depth of the embedding.

6. The metal alloy looks like it's from a modern die casting alloy - that is used to make belt buckles.

7. The set of dies used to cast them in, also looks like it's make by a competent, but not flawless die maker, again from a place that makes genuinely good belt buckles - well with high detail and of a durable design.

8. Not sure of exactly how many of these were made or when they came into production, but on a statistical basis, a low hundreds number, would have been in use and circulation for far longer than a high thousands number - and like a series of coins minted in say 1930, then 1935, then in 1940, and then in 1945, they eariest sets, would be more or less uniformly worn by a similar amount, than the later sets in the later years. Sure on a statistical basis, some would be in almost pristine condition and others would have been severely worn but the averaged wear after say 6 years of war and 60 years of storage and handling etc.,

These LOOK more or less brand new - and obviously fake.

Still given the prices and scarcity of the real things in very good condition, if they cleaned up the numbering a whole heap - and had proper lettering stamps made up - I'd give them $20 a disk...

They are very good.

The one thing that I do like about the Nazi corporate branding is that their workmanship was generally excellent.

I don't give a **** for anyones politics, but I like very high grade and detailed art work.
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-10-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Watch your language .."Adolf" on the last line of your post..this is not a truck stop or any other unruly forum. Please change your user name as it will attract unwanted criticism against you..which will lead to a thread closure...and also a total banning of individuals..who dont know better but are looking for a fight. Including yourself.

NO...we dont do that here..and here it stops! It is advisable to make these changes quickly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Rediff View Post
    Not so much a 'fantasy item' as a 'nightmare' one! ........ blech!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Is it genuine?

I acquired this tag from a Austrian antiques dealer for a pretty penny whilst living in the Czech Republic in the late 1980's. Can anyone tell me if it is genuine or one of the Polish knock offs?Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

Quote by Tenkluk View Post
    I acquired this tag from a Austrian antiques dealer for a pretty penny whilst living in the Czech Republic in the late 1980's. Can anyone tell me if it is genuine or one of the Polish knock offs?
    I believe this one is a copy.
    Compare the "A" and the "T" as well as the "L" with the one shown in post #6.
    Wait for other opinions as this is not my collecting focus.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

#3259 GESTAPO Disc looks authentic and I'd buy it. It has an unusual finish which needs to be cleaned off a little. Otherwise, it looks good and unusually clean without many dents or nicks in the metal(German Silver) I have a lower number in the 2500's and I know Don Bible will probably agree with me. Looking at these for years myself, I have attained some experience plus I am former U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Customs and I am used to looking at smaller details and also using a jewelers loop. I also have a letter of authenticity which shows it also came from a British Officer in the SOE which is even better than most anonymous sellers. Just like jewelry, it is also a good idea to get exact measurements, weight of the Disc in grams and close up examination and possibly an "acid" test by a competent jeweler. Even a simple polishing cloth should give you a nice shine. There is a difference in the metal and it will have to look like it is about 75 years old and not brand new.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe this one is a copy.
    Compare the "A" and the "T" as well as the "L" with the one shown in post #6.
    Wait for other opinions as this is not my collecting focus.
    Ralph.
    Also there is no guide line beneath the issue number, which seems very long. Thumbs down from me too.

At #25 post. The first "S" on the second line for the word "STAATSPOLIZEI" is sitting lower than the rest of the letters of that word. I wouldn't think that would get a pass from quality control.

The "lowered" "S" is a "secret" and part of the features of the Originals made as are certain features of the "E", but I don't want to write a book here or I'd have to charge you all $150 to evaluate this. If this Disc was cleaned up and the photos were proper with a digital close up, I can tell you more. If you clean it up good with soap and water, or a light tooth past like abrasive used by Jewelers, the DETAILS will be easier to see.(Contrary to popular belief, cleaning such an object will NOT deter it value in the least. If so, send it to me and I will pay for postage to keep) The color is in question. I wonder if some were made in bronze/brass and then Silver Plated? I'll have to ask Don Bible. Send me pictures when you get the disc "clean" so I can see detail. john.a.carman@gmail.com (Send Open and no attachments)
    P.S. I just took a second look at my GESTAPO Silver Disc and the "underscore" line is ever slight and can be hard to see in some discs. Plus the photography on a "dirty" disc is in question. Kind of like evaluating a UFO picture which tends to be blurred intentionally or not. Got to run for now,...BRB
    Last edited by JohnDrakeMI6; 10-11-2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Additonal clarification

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast