Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag

Article about: Well hucks, that's another issue- soldiers carried discs from the very first unit they joined, usually a replacement unit, not one from whatever field unit they ended-up serving in; this one

ado
    ?

Default Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag

German Police ID Tag, "Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz-Kdo
    This piece is made of zinc and appears to be a ground-recovered example
    Question; does this ID Tag look real to the period?

Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag   Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag  

Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sicherheitspolizei Einsatz ID Tag

It could be real simply because of the fact that the disc is made with a dedicated stamp- that is, not from individual letters; fakers would have to have one large stamp made and have a machine to strike them since a regular hammer wouldn't do it. Thus far I've not ever heard of such a thing- fakers stick to the same recognizable individual stamps usually. I've never seen one of these before either and if fakes were being made, there wouldn't be just a few to be sure. Unfortunately, not being a regular military unit, I, myself, can't comment on any other aspects that might seem right or wrong since I don't know a thing about these 'special' units.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

ado
    ?

Thanks Matt,

Can anyone else state their opinion if its real or fake? please as i need to know ASAP

Thank you
    Last edited by ado; 08-24-2010 at 11:36 PM.

ado
    ?

does no one has any information on this ID Tag

Hey ado,

I think that it is authentic IMO, but im just stating my own opinion

Regards,
    Finn

ado
    ?

Thanks Finn i appriciate your response to my thread,
    this ID tag is being sold by very reputable dealer , so i assume that its real, and also as mentioned above this ID tag is one of the rare ones and no seen outhere.

?

That is a nice Erkennungsmarke
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

You can't judge by the vendor when it comes to Erkennungsmarken- they're so particular that real expertise is necessary to tell real from fake in many cases, and few if any vendors- whatever their reputation- know enough to be sure; even the most trustworthy ones can be taken in and unknowingly list fakes. I've collected and studied them for years and myself still can't say this one is certainly real- it's only reasonably likely so. But it's hardly a particularly desirable or valuable piece for the most part; it appears unissued, so could be one of many in existence (at least 21700 were marked it seems), and it's not a military unit so would only be interesting to either a general Erkennungsmarke collector or someone who's into paramilitary 'special' units. I suspect it's probably listed for a good price but I wouldn't consider it worth a great deal in general. Plus it can't be authenticated, which makes it worth even less since it could be real or it could be fake...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I know absolutely nothing about these items as it isn't my area but the question that springs to mind is would a member of the Einsatzgruppen/kommando units have a dogtag advertising that fact considering the nature of their Aktions? I would of thought that a member of the Sicherheitspolizei attached to such a unit would have his parent units designation on the tag or an innocuous cover name for the unit. There are very few items on the market that can be linked directly to the Einsatzgruppen so I would of thought that this would of been snapped up (although admittedly I have no idea what the asking price is.)
    I have a Polizei Dienstpass to a Sicherheitspolizei NCO who was a member of Polizei Btl 303 (Polizei Rgt Sud) and participated in the massacre at Babi Yar and nowhere on the 'Einsatz In Russland' slips that came with the Dienstpass does it mention his unit being attached to Sonderkommando 4a (Einsatzgruppe C) even though it was.
    Last edited by hucks216; 08-27-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Grammar

ado
    ?

Matt, what do you think how much it's worth?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast