Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Small group of ID discs, eastern front.

Article about: Hello. Please enjoy this small group of erkennungsmarken from the eastern front. 3 german discs and 1 Romanian. The personal info on the Romanian disc is not "stamped" with letters

Default Small group of ID discs, eastern front.

Hello.

Please enjoy this small group of erkennungsmarken from the eastern front.
    3 german discs and 1 Romanian.
    The personal info on the Romanian disc is not "stamped" with letters and numbers, instead very vaguely "handwritten" with a nail or other sharp instrument.
    On the back of the Romanian disc is a complete name and also what I think is the soldiers rank.
    It is really difficult to see and I apologize for the quality of the pictures.
    So far I have only a few Romanian ID discs, But I have noted that they usually contain information on both sides of the disc.
    Please tell me what you think of the discs.

Best regards
    Laplander
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small group of ID discs, eastern front.   Small group of ID discs, eastern front.  

Small group of ID discs, eastern front.   Small group of ID discs, eastern front.  

Small group of ID discs, eastern front.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small group of ID discs, eastern front.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Small group of ID discs, eastern front.

Those are nice Anders- I particularly like the Grenadier one because oddly enough, they don't appear to be that commonly found; I, myself, only ever had a handful of discs marked 'Grenadier' as opposed to 40 or 50 marked 'Infanterie' and not because of differential purchasing. The designation change was made in 10.42, so Grenadier was only in use for something like 4 months less than Infanterie and I'd have thought even more men in total inducted into the Wehrmacht during the second half of the war so as to give at least nearly equal numbers of discs. But for some reason Grenadier discs just don't seem anywhere near as common as Infanterie- at least in my experience.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Default Re: Small group of ID discs, eastern front.

Hello Matt.
    Thanks for your reply.
    In my small collection the "Grenadier-disc" I just showed is the only one I have.
    In comparison I already have lots of "Infanterie-discs" so I think you are right that "Infanterie" is much more common.
    To me Id-discs feels like the most personal items of war to collect.
    I hope to have more erkennungsmarken to show you soon.

I also want to encourage other collectors on the forum to show us their erkennungsmarken.

Best regards
    Laplander