Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it

Article about: No wuckas.......

?

Default Re: SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it

Yup, those guys are completely wrong- that disc is as fake as can be. Nothing to do with them being Australian- dealers in general and even most collectors just aren't good at recognizing real vs. fake discs; they have to be a bit knowledgeable in so many things, and discs simply require a special expertise; comparing it to just some other discs, looking in books, etc. just doesn't do it. You might want to suggest to that collector that he have his present discs checked- if this one looked good to him, they might not be what he thinks they are...

It's a shame that they're wrong- usually people find out what they think is real isn't, so it'd sure be nice to see things go the other way once in a while
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ART REGT Repro/fake...I love it
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Gentlemen,

The disc to me is still the same as it was yesterday....im not getting all excited over it as I never intend to sell it.....but please, I dont see the point of casting doubt on dealers here....I have been dealing with this bloke for nearly a year, he is very knowledgeable, all the items I have bought from him have all "passed muster" here....I dont go into things blindly and I take all advice with a grain of salt....Just because we are far from Europe doesnt mean we are any less collectors or dealers....
    Its unfortunate that I have noticed a lot of snippy, elitist comments recently on the forum.... its a shame
    Nothing elitist here Tony , the tag is a fake it's as simple as that so unfortunately your dealer and the SS Collector can check as many books as they want but that isn't going to change . Without labouring the point this EK isn't even close to being a good fake and nobody knows everything in this hobby, clearly SS EK are not their strong point!!

The comments also have nothing to do with what part of the world you live in so if you took this as a slur on the entire Southern hemisphere population you have got the wrong end of the stick !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

"what you have proved is the Australian militaria dealers know nothing about Erkennungsmarke"
    I wasn't going to post but that's a big call Paul.These guy's may be wrong in the context of this Erk but there would be many other Australian collectors and dealers who know "their stuff" and would be on the mark with this disc's authenticity.
    To generalised a statement for me.
    All the best
    Dave

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    "what you have proved is the Australian militaria dealers know nothing about Erkennungsmarke"
    I wasn't going to post but that's a big call Paul.These guy's may be wrong in the context of this Erk but there would be many other Australian collectors and dealers who know "their stuff" and would be on the mark with this disc's authenticity.
    To generalised a statement for me.
    All the best
    Dave
    Your right Dave , a slight typo mistake by me in that i should have said these two Australian dealers and not let things seem like a general comment , but hey let's lighten up here let's not get so defensive this comment as i have stated isn't a slur against every Australian collector / dealer on the planet !!!

I merely point out that what Tony has been told about this EK is complete rubbish , the disc is a fake , full stop !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4