Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??

Article about: Hi all, I don't post much on here so excuse me if this is the wrong section A very lucky friend of mine from Essex was fortunate enough to find this dog tag whilst out metal detecting. We ar

Default SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??

Hi all, I don't post much on here so excuse me if this is the wrong section

A very lucky friend of mine from Essex was fortunate enough to find this dog tag whilst out metal detecting. We are both aware that that it is very rare to find a German dog tag on English soil let alone an SS variant!

We have both spent many hours trying to find out any information regarding the SS man, or even the battalion etc that this relates to, however as can be seen, or at least to us, it seems to be different from the usual SS tags - Waffen,SS panzer etc etc????

The most interesting piece of reasonably credible information we have been given was that the battalion commander or equivalent was a chap called DR A.U.E. who I believe was responsible for some acts of genocide in relation to the einsatzgruppen?? If anybody could shed some more light on this theory that would be greatly appreciated and would at least narrow down the search to fewer SS units etc.

One thing I will add though, is that if this is an einsatzgruppen related dog tag it must be extremely rare????

I could ask him for better pictures if required.

Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??   SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??  

SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??   SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dog tag, DR A.U.E. - einsatzgruppen??
    P
    Many

Those are abbreviations, Friend...not a name. I decipher from the photos St.Kp. SS A u. E.....which means Stammkompanie SS Ausbildungs und Ersatzabteilung...SS Training and Replacement Unit...
    The tag appears either purposely destoyed or perhaps hit by a farmer's plow...I can only speculate the man was held in the area as a POW and didn't want to be recognized as SS....Cool Find , hopefully other members can add more information...
    Glenn

That's cleared that up then, Many thanks.

?

Blimey who came up with all that rubbish about Einsatzgruppen , Btl Commander and Dr !!

Can you actually see what number follows the A.U.E as that will designate which unit this SS Ausbildungs und Ersatzabteilung belonged to and we can give you more info !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Looks legit too me

Curious that a POW would wait until being transported to England before disposing of his ID, no?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Curious that a POW would wait until being transported to England before disposing of his ID, no?
    Just wrecked by years in the ground. Probably lost by the owner. Unless he was stark naked his uniform would have given him away. Waffen ss pows were not separated from Heer, LW etc as all would be interrogated to ascertain level of nazi fanaticism.

Just had the following info back off my friend, number etc are -

AUE 12

Many thanks

Quote by mikeytp View Post
    Just had the following info back off my friend, number etc are -

AUE 12
    Many thanks
    Based in Neustadt, Hannover.

?

SS Panzer Grenadier Ausbildung und Ersatz Batallion 12 was the training and replacement unit for the 12th SS Panzer Division Hitler Jugend during the fighting in Normandy they were based at Arnhem and prior to the end of the fighting send a final cadre of 2500 to the Division , they were then redesignated SS Panzer Grenadier Ausbildung und Ersatz Batallion 16 anf fought during the Battle of Arnhem under SS Sturmbannfuhrer Sepp Krafft !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast