Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dog Tag good or trash?

Article about: interesting also that the faker has gone to the trouble of having a single stamp made up for this 'unit'. I suspect a rash of these tags may be in the offing.

Default Re: SS Dog Tag good or trash?

interesting also that the faker has gone to the trouble of having a single stamp made up for this 'unit'. I suspect a rash of these tags may be in the offing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag good or trash?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Yes I knew exactly the point that was trying to be made on my behalf, however I was not trying to sound like a "know it all" or step on the toes of the "experts" I saw the post minutes after it was posted and tried to help with the knowledge I learned on here FROM the "experts" which is alot of SS items are garbage, I was asked what makes it fake and I would have answered/explained myself alot sooner had I not been sleeping. I had the best of intentions in trying to give back some knowledge that was given to me. Peace!!!!!!
    The question " Why is it fake " was aimed at the forum as a whole !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Well maximus is right that the vast majority of SS discs you're likely to see for sale are fakes- so it's a safe bet if you just guess anything with an SS on it is bad LOL I don't doubt this one does fall into the fake category because there was no SS-Totenkopf-Regiment 9 so far as I can find- in fact, the proper title for any of the ones that did exist is SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment, so just that error ought to be enough. But the list I have doesn't include a 9- there were only 1, 2 and 3. Just looking up the supposed unit is often the easiest way to spot a fake...
    I think if all of the Totenkopf tags I've seen belonged to actual Soldiers, the Totenkopfs would have been able to win the war just by themselves...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Some original Totkenkopf eye-candy...

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The question " Why is it fake " was aimed at the forum as a whole !!

Ah, but posting that after maximus said it was a fake made it appear as if you were asking for his reasons; if it was to be a general question you wanted everyone to consider and/ or answer it would have been better as: "it is a fake, but can anyone spot just why?"- or "can anyone except Matt see what the problem with this disc is?" then it's clearly an attempt to get people to answer and I'd have recognized that and left it alone for a bit LOL

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I think if all of the Totenkopf tags I've seen belonged to actual Soldiers, the Totenkopfs would have been able to win the war just by themselves...
    No doubt LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hey glenn I will say that one is real especially since it doesnt look like it just came out of the machine shop lol

?

Just trying to encourage some debate on items that are being posted, as across the forum we are getting too much uninformed or unexplained comment on many threads ( Not referring to you Maximus )
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

No problem paul, I had a bad day yesterday so I was probably a bit more sensitive then normal lol

It is true though, alot of items posted these days get "I like it" or "Fake" responses from members who actually have no idea what they are talking about. It personally annoys me to see someone potentially about to drop a huge wad of cash on an RK and some 15 year old yells fake and then defends that post on the basis of "i'm allowed to have an opinion aren't I?"

While the 1st amendment may be all well and good, it shouldn't give someone the right to be stupid in public and expect to be supported in their stupidity.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Just trying to encourage some debate on items that are being posted, as across the forum we are getting too much uninformed or unexplained comment on many threads ( Not referring to you Maximus )
    Quite so- a simple answer without elaboration isn't terribly useful, but luckily that doesn't happen very often in here; certainly not compared to other sections In fact, in here most of the time when folks who are just trying answer the way Max did- by making a suggestion but admitting they're not sure.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2