Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dogtag

Article about: MassimoG, Welcome to the forum. You have posted your photos and question in the WW I section and attached them into someone elses post. You need to go to the Erkennungsmarken- ID discs in th

Default SS dogtag

SS dogtagSS dogtagSS dogtagHi, I am BRAND NEW to this forum and HOPE I am in the correct place. I have the enclosed SS dogtag that was given to me. I was told it was a dug up piece from Karkov area of Russia. Can anyone help to determine if it is a real tag and what it says and maybe a ballpark value. ANY help would be MOST appreciated. I have other items from that same area to be posted another time. THANKS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dogtag
    P
    Many

MassimoG,
    Welcome to the forum. You have posted your photos and question in the WW I section and attached them into someone elses post.
    You need to go to the Erkennungsmarken- ID discs in the 1933 - 1945 forum and click the green bottom that says "Post New Thread". Good Luck, Bob

Moved.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default WWII Dug Up SS Dogtag ID HELP!!

BRAND NEW to this forum and HOPE I am in the correct place. I have the enclosed SS dogtag that was given to me. I was told it was a dug up piece from Karkov(Sp) area of Russia. Can anyone help to determine if it is a real tag and what it says and maybe a ballpark value. ANY help/InfoSS dogtag would be MOST appreciated. I have other items from that same area to be posted another time. THANKS for your time and patience!

?

Pic of the front side would help.

Default WWII Dug Up SS Dogtag ID HELP!!

SS dogtagBRAND NEW to this forum and HOPE I am in the correct place. I have the enclosed SS dogtag that was given to me. I was told it was a dug up piece from Karkov(Sp) area of Russia. Can anyone help to determine if it is a real tag and what it says and maybe a ballpark value. ANY help/InfoSS dogtag would be MOST appreciated. I have other items from that same area to be posted another time. THANKS for your time and patience!

SORRY! Tried to post 2 photos. Only the reverse came up. Must have posted that one first.

Yes original. It reads as 3rd company of SS Infanterie Geschutz Ersatz Batt. The 1600 being the owners number on the roster. The unit formed on 15th Aug 1942 in Ede, in the Netherlands. Later split and renamed. If found in Kharkov then he got moved there as a replacement. Value, whatever it gets pushed up to. But got to be worth $70 at least.

Default Thanks to BlackCat1982

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Yes original. It reads as 3rd company of SS Infanterie Geschutz Ersatz Batt. The 1600 being the owners number on the roster. The unit formed on 15th Aug 1942 in Ede, in the Netherlands. Later split and renamed. If found in Kharkov then he got moved there as a replacement. Value, whatever it gets pushed up to. But got to be worth $70 at least.
    THANK YOU!! I appreciate your taking the time to respond and I REALLY appreciate your apparent knowledge of this type of information. You're a "Man to ride the river with". Peace, mark
    PS-Now, can you find me a buyer? hahahaha

?

Put it in the classifieds here
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings