Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dogtag

Article about: I found a dogtag with the text: 4.E / (the 2 lighting strikes from the SS) POL. INF. R On the top of the dogtag it also says 756. I will try to add a photo soon but maybe this will be eneoug

?

Default SS dogtag

I found a dogtag with the text: 4.E / (the 2 lighting strikes from the SS) POL. INF. R
    On the top of the dogtag it also says 756. I will try to add a photo soon but maybe this will be eneough?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dogtag
    P
    Many

?

Ehh I may just be stupid, but I can't find the edit button or a way to reply with a photo? Could somebody help me with this to? Srry if it's a stupid question .

?

Default SS dogtag

Sorry I made a new post with photo, so my other post can be deletedSS dogtag

- - ------- - -

btw looks like after inf. its says: "Roc 2"

?

ROC 2 needs to be RGT 2 I think

?

Was it "found" with that piece of Soldbuch?

I've heard of the 4th Ersatz Kompanie of SS. Pol Infanterie Regiment 1 but not sure about a second Regiment. Any SS Ekm affecionados please feel free to chime in. But I'm having doubts about this one. Out of interest is there anything interesting on the other side of the Soldbuch fragment?

?

I am curious about the stamping on the EKM and I am asking for educational purpose. I see the Ersatz kompanie is stamped like 4.E, is this a common thing? Because to me it looks weird.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    I am curious about the stamping on the EKM and I am asking for educational purpose. I see the Ersatz kompanie is stamped like 4.E, is this a common thing? Because to me it looks weird.

Regards, Rik
    Have a look in your new book Rik and you will see that this is not an uncommon method of defining an Ersatz kompanie. It can be also stamped as (E) sometimes. It appears to have been quite common among SS replacement units.

?

Not only SS units used it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dogtag  

?

I would love to use the book, but it hasn't arrived yet.
    But thanks for the heads up.

And I am familiar with the style shown by Eike, the 3./E. But the 4.E was something new for me.

Thank you guys for your replies.