Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Erkennungsmarken

Article about: I would like your opinions one this ID tag, I picked it up from a antique store in Canada, it wasn't priced too high so I took a chance on it, what do you think?

Default SS Erkennungsmarken

I would like your opinions one this ID tag, I picked it up from a antique store in Canada, it wasn't priced too high so I took a chance on it, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Erkennungsmarken   SS Erkennungsmarken  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

Not feeling the love i'm afraid, sans serif font scares the beejeebus out of me. I hope i'm wrong but...

?

If this tag was real then it would refer to SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 7 which was the only 7 designated unit to serve with the Polizei Division when it became a Panzere Grenadier unit , fortunately the faker didn't understand that and went for Pz Rgt 7 !!

The Division only had a Panzer Abt designated 4 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yup, it's bad for a bunch of reasons- Paul and Glenn hit on a couple of them: the unit is all wrong (in a few ways), and the font is one shown in the "Important! Common Fake Fonts- CHECK HERE FIRST IF YOU HAVE A DISC TO ASK ABOUT" sticky thread at the beginning of the section.

Unfortunately, very, very few militaria dealers know discs well enough to spot fakes, and even fewer antiques dealers do; I doubt the place that sold it had any idea. Glad it didn't cost much.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks for the input, better luck next time I guess.