Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Erkennungsmarken

Article about: SS ID disc I’m thinking of buying. Any thoughts as to if it’s original, and to what the unit designation means? I appreciate any comments.

Default SS Erkennungsmarken

SS Erkennungsmarken

SS ID disc I’m thinking of buying. Any thoughts as to if it’s original, and to what the unit designation means? I appreciate any comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Hello Airdale,

I took a good look at the erkennungsmarke and I don't like this one. The font that's used is very common on fake erkennungsmarken. Just take a look at the numbers and the SS runes look terrible. In my opinion the unit doesn't make sense too, can't find a SS Jäger Bataillon 147.
    I am quite surprised to see this one for sale on the site of a very reputable dealer (even though they can make mistakes too).

My advice to you, take a look at the thread I have provided you and educate yourself before you venture in the world of (SS) erkennungsmarken:
    Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 03-19-2018 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Hang on to your money Airdale, this is no good at all. There was no such Bataillon as Rik has said.

Thank you Rik and Black Cat for sharing your knowledge, it is much appreciated. I read the sticky’s on Common Fakes, there is great info there. As much as I would like to start collecting SS items, the abundance of fakery in this field has kind of put me off. This is a great forum though, and I’m enjoying many of the threads.

bad erkg.