Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ss geb. Jeg. Rgt. 6

Article about: Here is an ID disc i just purchased. Waiting for it to arrive, opinions please. Real? If real, can anyone give me info on this? I know it is a Mountain troop disc, regt. 6. Thanks!

?

Default Re: Ss geb. Jeg. Rgt. 6

I see that now............, but i also found this: A Gebirgajager artillery rgt. 6

"The Brigade got a new unit attached, SS Gebirgsjäger (Mountain) Artillery Regiment 6, and was now designated as a Division, the SS Division "Nord". In September 1941 SS Division "Nord" was attached to the Finnish III Corps under Finnish General Hjalmar Siilasvuo (this was the only time that an SS Division was under the command of a non-German officer), and took up new positions at Louhi, Kiestinki.[1]"

By the end of 1941, it had suffered severe casualties. Over the winter of 1941–42 it received replacements from the general pool of Waffen SS recruits, supposedly younger and better trained than the SS men of the original formation.[2]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss geb. Jeg. Rgt. 6
    P
    Many

?

This tag isn't for an Arty Regt mate !! Plus as i say no umlaut over the A !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

OMG..... Paul, you are so right !!!!! I was so "tunnel visioned" in trying to prove this real, i totally missed what you were saying about the lack of an Umlaut over the "a", the seller is giving me till monday to decide if i want a refund...... and i do, lol .... Thanks!

?

Glad you can get your money back
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Already refunded! Thanks again!

?

Good thing Newbie- that one's no junk for sure; the font and overall form are recognizable and common fake types. The fact that the unit didn't exist clinches it for sure. It's always advisable to seek opinions before buying an SS disc; they're so highly-faked, the vast majority you're likely to find are bad.

The lack of an Umlaut is a bad sign but not necessarily fatal- in this case it's just one more piece of evidence the disc is fake, but a number of real ground-dug SS-Gebirgsjäger-A-u. E-Btl 6 discs were posted about here a while back by those who recovered them and one example did lack the Umlaut, so clearly stampers making dozens or hundreds of discs a day could miss them. It'd be expected to be a rare omission, however.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

there fought in hohenlohe april 1945 with the götz von berlichingen againgst 44/63.100.us inf.div and the 10.us.pd
    have sombody pics , or diary stories, maps etc???
    greets torsten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2