MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Heimwehr Danzig dogtag ?

Article about: If legit I'm sure Doug would have snagged it to go with his HD helmet.

Default Re: SS Heimwehr Danzig dogtag ?

If legit I'm sure Doug would have snagged it to go with his HD helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Heimwehr Danzig dogtag ?
    P
    Many

Yes ,you live and learn the last 2 days I have done the research and found much helpful info, I won't be so trusting next time, thank you all for your help

?

I'll bet that R matches one of the fake types shown in the fake fonts thread; right away this disc looked like junk to me... I sure hope you can get your money back too Danmark. You don't have to avoid SS gear entirely- just ask for opinions before you buy
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    I'll bet that R matches one of the fake types shown in the fake fonts thread; right away this disc looked like junk to me... I sure hope you can get your money back too Danmark. You don't have to avoid SS gear entirely- just ask for opinions before you buy
    Not me Matt - it was springer - l stay clear of SS stuff.
    For me it stands for "sneaky scammers" and I hate being scammed.:-)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I spoke to the dealer today Money back no problem ,It probably pays to go through proper dealers. thank you all you have taught me a great deal the last few days.

?

Whoops- guess I can't read very well LOL I was just so taken by your awesome avatar Danmark LOL Good news springer- glat it's worked out. It's a shame for the dealer since he got taken too; hopefully he won't try to sell it again.

Don't make the mistake that a 'proper' dealer would be any safer to buy from- save with respect to whether or not you'll get a refund if you make a mistake that is; Erkennungsmarken is way too complex a subject to expect any general dealer to know well enough to not unknowingly offer fakes. They generally know a bit about a lot and that's nowhere near good enough for this subject, unfortunately.

I know now what you mean Matt, the old us NOk,s are a lot easier to understand but they to a being faked using the old ww2 machines and you can't tell the difference easily, the world is full of conmen and I suppose it always was. Best to research as much as you can.

?

Ouch- that's terrible (originally wrote 'that s ucks', but the system blanked that out- talk about excessive LOL); that's the one thing we seem to be lucky to avoid- fakers use modern stamps, not WWII era ones- so they're not usually so difficult to recognize, and nearly every small unit in the Wehrmacht had its own unique stamp set, so no two are exactly alike. But I always figured Allied tags must be a problem because I've even seen one of those 'typewriters' in a local military surplus store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2