Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS-ID disc genuine or not?

Article about: Hi everybody, would like to hear your opinion about this ID disc for sale. Is it genuine or fake? I would also appreciate to hear your opinions what would be a reasonable price for it (if it

Default SS-ID disc genuine or not?

Hi everybody,
    would like to hear your opinion about this ID disc for sale.
    Is it genuine or fake?
    I would also appreciate to hear your opinions what would be a reasonable price for it (if it is genuine)?

Regards
    Tuomas

SS-ID disc genuine or not?SS-ID disc genuine or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-ID disc genuine or not?
    P
    Many

5th company feld ausbikdungs btl Wiking. Ok to me, others may have views on this one.

Good!

?

Tuomas,
    There seem to be a bunch of these "F.A. Btl. Wiking" disks around so although I am not sure on value I would not pay much more than $100 maximum for me. But like all things it is worth as much as you are willing to pay.

I'm having trouble with this. A company level disc with a stammrollen nummer in the 4000s? C'mon guys, this is illogical. The Wiking did not use a division level numbering system and this isn't even a replacement unit. With companies having around 120 troops, I can't see any reason to expect a number this high.

Glenn66 I know what you mean, but the Battalion formed in 1944. It's main purpose being to train surplus Luftwaffe, whose units had been disbanded and the personnel then assigned to the Waffen SS. They also took on Freiwilligers from the East. Once trained these soldiers went to 5th SS Panzerdivision Wiking.

Perhaps the reason for the high roster number is an anomaly peculiar to the Wiking, after all roster numbers were not always reassigned. The reason I think is lost to history, but I've seen these out of the ground before and believe this one is also the real deal, but that's only my opinion...