Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS ID Discs

Article about: Hello, yesterday i visited my friend and i got this discs. What do you think about originality? Thanks for helping!

Default SS ID Discs

Hello, yesterday i visited my friend and i got this discs. What do you think about originality?

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

SS ID Discs

Thanks for helping!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ID Discs
    P
    Many

?

To me all is fakes. Let compare them with known original. The thread: SS Erkennungsmarken
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Wachbatl is a very nice new generation Polish copy, difference in stammrollennumber font, runes, and some other minor differences. All of this tags are perfectly artificially aged, however they are all unworn
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The 'Norge' (Nr. 71) and the 'Nord' (Nr. 2042) are definitely fakes- they're well-known types/fonts.

The two Prinz Eugen Gebirgsjäger discs are very dubious simply because they're faked A LOT; and those two have issues- primarily that the Kompanie, 14, appears to be part of the single stamp unit texts in both cases- it's normally the 'variable' part, meaning the text doesn't include that bit so it can be put in by whichever Kompanie is using the disc. Notice on Dimas' two, the main text is identical, but the 'variable' bits are different- even from each other:

SS ID Discs

Unfortunately, they're the same unit- GJR2 was redesignated GJR14 in 10.1943- so they don't speak to the proper text of the GJR1.

In this case there are two discs, apparently from the same Kompanie, that are large, whole text stamps, that include the variables, and they're different- that's all really weird. Another problem with the two asked about are the LUDIRCROUSLY high Stammrollennummern; these are field units, not Ersatz units, so it's very hard to believe 1800 men, let alone 4300 went through the 14. Kompanie; it'd have had to have the worst loss record in military history since they'd have had to have lost and replaced every man 8 or 9 times to even get to 1800 LOL

The two discs have have an identical 'Waffen-SS' mark, meaning if one is bad, they both are. There'd have to be some incontravertable proof either or both is correct to make me believe they're real I'm afraid.

And the Gebirgs-Artillerie one is weird too in that it was initially marked 'VI/' and then over-stamped '6/' instead- that's a mistake that doesn't make any sense; the unit had only four Abteilungen, not six, so there'd never be a VI, and given that the same number is overstamped, it's obviously not just a mistake in marking the Abteilung; it's more like the stamper thought he was supposed to use Roman numerals and was corrected- and given that it's not disc number 1, I find it doubtful an original would have such an error- the guy would have made 109 discs before this one; but a faker wouldn't necessarily make more than one, or could start with number 110. Given that the Prinz Eugen Gebirgs-Artillerie Regiment is also faked a lot, I find this one extremely suspicous and again would need some major proof to believe it's real and the error is legitimate.
    Last edited by Matt L; 01-05-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Wachbatl is a very nice new generation Polish copy, difference in stammrollennumber font, runes, and some other minor differences. All of this tags are perfectly artificially aged, however they are all unworn
    The number font is different to be sure, but the text looks the same to me- even the vertical of the '4' in tapers to a point the same way. My only issue with the one above is the '2', which is very similar in form to common fakes. But that's not 100% of course- the unit text is much more important here.

Here's a composite comparison:

SS ID Discs

?

???

?

Take a look, the runes on the originals are always is not in the same line, fake had better runes, also some minor differences in font too, the "a" letter is a bit different. I have seen a very good copies in LaGleize militaria, most of the tags are very good made, but comparing to the originals has some differences
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Nope, don't see it; remember the depth of strike affects how things look too so you can't always judge based on 100ths of a millimetre differences- not to mention corrosion, which has a major affect on the one in question.

And I was actually questioning why the original poster doesn't seem to have checked back or acknowledged that people have taken the time to reply to his query...

?

Left rune on the original are lower than right
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Matt L View Post
    ???
    ..."Manners maketh man"- William of Wykeham (1324 - 1404) and thus proving nothing really changes!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast