Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ss id tag opinions please

Article about: Hi, Are these SS tags authentic and what would be a fair price for these tags. Thank you very much for your help. Bob Sorry for the last image-poor. Thanks again. Bob

?

Default Re: Ss id tag opinions please

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very interesting the JR14 tag, I never knew they had embossed tags, I would have called fake on that one. Similarly the SS-VT, I expect the verfugungstruppe to be a single stamp as per my own example but it seems that isn't a hard and fast rule. You learn something every day!
    Yup, these Totenkopf units were the only ones to use this odd embossing marking and there are a couple of variations. They're very distinctive, and so odd compared to any other Erkennungsmarken, it's understandable that the automatic response would be that they can't be real

And there are lots of variations to the SS-VT mark; the one you posted Glenn is a typical nice one, but they could be individual letters, and even just simply 'SS-V.T.'. One should always remember the difficulty of logistics and supply- the single, dedicated stamp isn't something just some guy at a bench can use, so they'd have to be industrially produced; that means supply can't be consistent and the need for discs will always be pretty great, meaning alternatives are automatically going to be necessary.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss id tag opinions please
    P
    Many

rhj
    ?

Default Re: Ss id tag opinions please

Matt L,
    Thank you for your comments.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2