Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL A doubt is in originality.

Article about: Hello! There are doubts in sublaziness of this disk. Your opinion?

?

Default SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL A doubt is in originality.

Hello! There are doubts in sublaziness of this disk. Your opinion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL  A doubt is in originality.   SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL  A doubt is in originality.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL  A doubt is in originality.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-KAV.AUSB.ERST.-AUSBL A doubt is in originality.

I'm not in love with the all-caps, sans serif font but it does appear to be stamped from a single stamp. So I think someone has gone to alot of trouble to make such a stamp but at the end of the day I would pass on it. Hopefully Matt will be along shortly to offer his opinion.

?

Nice original SS Kavalerie, look at the previous threads, we've posted them there, abt and abtlg
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Glenn66! Thank you for Your opinion. We will wait yet respected Matt. Hello.

?

Dimas! Me it seems to that he is filled from above on a blight.

?

Any of the newely added letters over this kind of oxidation will brake it. If you will try to clean it- it will lost all of the inscriptions, you can see the places where the oxidation is lost+ the letters in these places is unreadable.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

My sugesstion is to compare the font with my
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I always thought that oxidizations must, transforming a metal to fill the small deepening.

?

I don't have any problems with it- it has many features that are actually good now that we can compare it with Dimas' original. The fonts won't match and there's really no use in comparing them because in both cases the unit text is one single stamp, so they're different physically and won't match- and similarity really doesn't say anything much. Truly such comparisons are only valid when expecting the exact same physical tool was used. That being said, the numbers may be the same- or at least by the same manufacturer. They're slightly stylized and the styles seem to match. Unfortulately the only common number is the 6, and it's not the best number to compare, but the 2 and the 7 have the same kind of curvature to the usually straight parts, and overall their sizes are the same.

But the really useful details are those in the unit titles- the fact that dashes are present in very specific places, that the very uncommon abbreviation 'ABTLG' is used, and Kavallerie is abbreviated specifically as 'Kav.' on both. Moreover there's nothing that's not similar or would otherwise seem an odd difference.

The small difference that Dimas' disc's unit text has two sizes of letters isn't a problem because it's not the same as the one being asked about- clearly the maker of the second text stamp made it differently- but since the specifics of the 'punctuation' and abbreviations are consistent, that's the important thing.

Of course having never seen an example of this particular unit that I know 100% is original, I can't say this one is, but I can say it looks pretty good...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks to everybody!