Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke

Article about: Any thoughts or comments appreciated, shown with a ground-dug fragment for comparison.

Default SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke

Any thoughts or comments appreciated, shown with a ground-dug fragment for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke   SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

It looks ok to me, the unit formed in Poland in 1943 I think. It does look very clean but if it is from a good source then I think it stands a chance.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    It looks ok to me, the unit formed in Poland in 1943 I think. It does look very clean but if it is from a good source then I think it stands a chance.
    Thank you.

Hello.
    I'm sorry but I have big doubts about this tag. I do not have an equal one (I only have a EKM 1 Kompanie SS Kav.Ers.Abt.), but I found this picture on the internet.
    Giovanni

Quote by gianni59 View Post
    Hello.
    I'm sorry but I have big doubts about this tag. I do not have an equal one (I only have a EKM 1 Kompanie SS Kav.Ers.Abt.), but I found this picture on the internet.
    Giovanni

Hi Gianni, the only difference I see is the blood group letter, the font looks the same to me. You see something else is different?

As said it does look in very good condition and it would be better to know the story of where it came from but the absence of the blood type does not mean it isn't good.

IMO characters are different in size and there are small differences in S - H - W - D etc. and in the runes. I think the erkennungsmarke has been copied well.

Quote by gianni59 View Post
    IMO characters are different in size and there are small differences in S - H - W - D etc. and in the runes. I think the erkennungsmarke has been copied well.

Thank you Gianni, that’s very good work. The seller has given me ten days to examine the item, I’ll have to look at it more closely and make a decision as to if it’s real, or a good fake .

?

Nice original in good codition. Where it comes from?

Interestingly, another disc from this unit has been found on the internet. This one seems to be a better match to my disc, than the one posted by Gianni.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke   SS Kavallerie erkennungsmarke  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast