Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi guys, does this disc look ok to you?, could youbplease give me some information about it?, Regards, Juan

Default SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke

Hi guys, does these two discs look ok to you?, could you please give me some information about them?, Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

?

No IR Regt 5 did not exist in either of the 15th ore 19th Latvian SS Divisions , plus i don't like the the fonts etc on these two !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul, they are not mine, a seller is offering them, thought they would be nice ones, since this seller, as far as I am concerned always offers good authentic quality

Found this on Axis history
    Help needed on an Latvian SS Regiment - Axis History Forum
    Waffen-Grenadier Regiment der SS 34 (lett. Nr. 5):*Formed as Lettische SS-Freiwilligen Regiment Nr. 5 on 15 July 1943. Renamed SS-Freiw. Gren. Rgt. 34 (lett.Nr.3) on 22 October 1943. Renamed Waffen-Grenadier Regiment der SS 34 (lett. Nr. 3) in June 1944 and Waffen-Grenadier Regiment der SS 34 (lett. Nr. 5) on 8 September 1944.*Part of the 15. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (lettische Nr. 1)

?

Apologies i wasn't clear before , the Regiment originally existed but was not part of the 15th Latvian Division when it was formed on 22nd Oct 1943 from the Latvian Legion , it had already been renumbered 34 at that time so a EKM from Lettische SS-Freiwilligen Regiment Nr. 5 would not have markings to the Regiment as part of the Division !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for that, so, just to wrap things up, these two discs in your opiniĆ³n are not good, are they?, I would like to explain to the seller, since he is selling them as 100% original

?

These are not original. The physical characteristics of the disk are wrong and the stamping is wrong for the unit. The stamping on the 10th company disk has "LeTt" That is just a faker being cute the only reason there would ever be stamping like that is because one of the upper case or lower case letters were missing to have it next to each other is a sure sign of an ignorant faker. The patina on the other disk is knocked off around the hyphen, and in other places the SS runes are struck wrong. It is just new stamping on an old disk in both cases and you can see it if you look close. Look at the back and front of the 10th company where the crack is and you see the / stops abruptly at the new crack it is also sloppy after the crack. The person who stamped it probably broke the disk when they placed that slash making that fresh crack.

Hi, seller has sent me this picture, could you please have a look and confirm what your views are?, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

?

Why does your seller have so many low roll number unused stock of different companies that are all stamped similarly but not the same? (same stamp sets different letter positions) it looks really fishy. This last one is is out of focus and is more difficult to see. This one has some characteristics that are bad too in the disk itself. Also when combined with the other two I would stay away from all of them.

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast