Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi guys, does this disc look ok to you?, could youbplease give me some information about it?, Regards, Juan

This is confusing, need to speak to the seller

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Hi again, got this from the seller, pictures and a web link, but I hope these will help

https://forum-antikvariat.ru/index.p...polizei/page-5

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Why does your seller have so many low roll number unused stock of different companies that are all stamped similarly but not the same? (same stamp sets different letter positions) it looks really fishy. This last one is is out of focus and is more difficult to see. This one has some characteristics that are bad too in the disk itself. Also when combined with the other two I would stay away from all of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke 

?

Juan,

If these have good provenance and can be traced back to an original disk super! I can always be wrong I would prefer to see original disks anyway.

Based on the first 2 images you posted I am unconvinced. I am not familiar with his sources so you can believe him or not. I try to make my decisions based on my little slice of knowledge. The stamping just looks wrong to me. I have seen many other "Lettisch" disks never have I seen upper and lower case t's on them.
    You have to trust yourself, it is your money and if you believe they are good then buy them.

Thanks buddy, guess there are still many things in this great hobby to be discovered and learned. This guy I buy from I know him and knows his stuff really well and have bought in the past from him. Other stuff he sells is great and truely legit. I will buy one, he has a few and will show it to you, many thanks for your great efforts to help, Best regards, Juan

Hi again, this picture that I sent you yesterday believe is from the book: Die Erkennungsmarken der SS Einheitem, it s definetely a great reference for these ítems, have bought and I am happy with it
    Juan,

If these have good provenance and can be traced back to an original disk super! I can always be wrong I would prefer to see original disks anyway.

Based on the first 2 images you posted I am unconvinced. I am not familiar with his sources so you can believe him or not. I try to make my decisions based on my little slice of knowledge. The stamping just looks wrong to me. I have seen many other "Lettisch" disks never have I seen upper and lower case t's on them.
    You have to trust yourself, it is your money and if you believe they are good then buy them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

?

Thanks! I appreciate that, I always need better reference materials! (obviously)

Cheers!

You might want to do some research on that book. I have a memory reading somewhere that many fake discs are included in (I think) that book.

Not sure if this will help the discussion either, but here is my 10th Company, 3rd Regiment disc of the Lettische Freiwillig Div. Low roll number but no bloodgroup despite the stamp for it.

Thanks Glenn, this is the Tag that I finally bought, trust the seller (whom I ve known for sometime). Best Regards, Juan
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You might want to do some research on that book. I have a memory reading somewhere that many fake discs are included in (I think) that book.

Not sure if this will help the discussion either, but here is my 10th Company, 3rd Regiment disc of the Lettische Freiwillig Div. Low roll number but no bloodgroup despite the stamp for it.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

Hi, I have a bit more information about the Dog Tag I bought. This one and many others were found in the región of Gdansk Danzig Pommern, North of Poland. Any other information that I can find out, I will post it, many thanks, Juan
    Thanks! I appreciate that, I always need better reference materials! (obviously)

Cheers!

Hi, today I receivec the Dog Tag, it looks great. I took a couple of close up pictures. There are two small details that have got my attention. If you look carefully, next to numer 4, there is some kind of sign, it happens on both sides. Also, above the small t (LeTt), there are also 2 signs on both sides?, do you know what these might be?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast