Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi guys, does this disc look ok to you?, could youbplease give me some information about it?, Regards, Juan

Your over-active imagination?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Hi Glenn, check these pictures, think you will get a better view
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke   SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

SS Lettisch Erkennungsmarke  

If I had to guess I'd say these are stamping artifacts/errors with several different letters respectively showing different odd slightly geometrical patterns. Look carefully and you'll see these all over the tag, we want to see patterns and have them mean something --- human nature ---

God knows. I need to get more Tags, we will be talking pretty soon, thanks a lot for your help

These brands are perfectly fine , I have many Latvian brands where different sized characters have been used . Also for example, the symbol " Div " for division was often written " Diw "

Thanks Meskalin, glad to hear your comments, I am very happy with my new Dog Tag, hopefully more to come in the future

?

So after looking at this actual tag I see even more problems, maybe the style is correct and maybe this one is authentic. Unfortunately is has all of the hallmarks of a fake. I showed these pics to someone I trust and the big issue he had (besides the capital and lower case T's) why are the letter depths so different? why hit the stamp so hard once then very lightly the second time? It just makes no sense. And those small artifacts well that is signs the disk was "touched up" the rectangles around the "SS" runes are something being marked out with a stamp the other artifacts are signs of the same thing. I have never seen an original tag with so much attention to detail for such unimportant information.

Hi mate, I fully appreciate all your comments. I am convinced that this tag is good. I know the person well who sold it to me. These were dug out 100%, these pieces are not text book, but they are good. I know us collectors follow the textbook as a reference to effectively assess an item, but I am convinced this one is legit, not a great finish, but who knows what poor methods they used then to manufacture these Tags?
    Quote by Eike41 View Post
    So after looking at this actual tag I see even more problems, maybe the style is correct and maybe this one is authentic. Unfortunately is has all of the hallmarks of a fake. I showed these pics to someone I trust and the big issue he had (besides the capital and lower case T's) why are the letter depths so different? why hit the stamp so hard once then very lightly the second time? It just makes no sense. And those small artifacts well that is signs the disk was "touched up" the rectangles around the "SS" runes are something being marked out with a stamp the other artifacts are signs of the same thing. I have never seen an original tag with so much attention to detail for such unimportant information.

?

I know you are not going to be convinced, and I am not trying to give you a hard time. The tag may be just fine.

Thanks sir, I can guarantee something, the next Tag I buy will need to have your approval , that is the way I collect on 99% of the cases

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast