Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Nederland

Article about: Hello On the way as a little birthday gift to myself is this Tag. From the Mummaseere area. Any informations is welcome, is someone know the man behind the tag.

Default SS Nederland

Hello

On the way as a little birthday gift to myself is this Tag.

From the Mummaseere area.

Any informations is welcome, is someone know the man behind the tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nederland  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nederland
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Nederland

All I have is:

SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 48 "General Seyffardt" (niederl. Nr. 1)

* 23.10.1943 in Thüringen aus der am 1.8.1941 in Krakau aufgestellten SS-Freiwilligen-Legion
    Niederlande, zunächst mit der Nr.45, seit 12.11.1943 mit der Nr. 48. Das Regiment wurde Februar 1945
    getrennt von der Division eingesetzt und bei dieser durch das auf der Panzer-Grenadier-Schule in
    Kienschlag/Protektorat aufgestellte SS-Grenadier-Regiment Klotz ersetzt.

Gliederung:

1943 I. 1-4, II. 5-8, III. 9-12, 13, 14, 15, 16
    1944 I. 1-4, II. 5-8, 13, 14

Unterstellung:

4. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Brigade "Nederland": Leningrad, Narwa, Kurland;
    10.2.1945: 23. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Division "Nederland" (niederl. Nr.1): Pommern

The disc itself is interesting in that it's different than the other niederländische-SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 1 discs displayed elsewhere on the forum (the letters are a slightly different style), but this is to be expected since nearly every Kompanie had its own, unique, stamps; and also that the blood group 'O' appears to be created from a parenthesis just rotated to create each half- again not unheard of as I've seen strange substitutes for missing stamps, such as a 'q' substituted for 'p', before.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 48 "General Seyffardt" (niederl. Nr. 1) were encircled and almost completely destroyed during the withdrawal from Narva to the Tannenberg line position on 25/7/1944 , they were the last unit to move out of the Bridgehead.

They were destroyed south of Repniku which is south of the Narva - Tallinn Rollbahn. I also have a Seyffardt tag from 11 Kompanie whcih was found at Repniku.

Mummasaare is situated on the Baltic coast and was initially a rear area known as Bunkerstrasse but during the Blauenberg battles became part of the frontline occupied by the Estonian SS Divisons 47 Regiment under Alfons Rebane.

Are you sure the tag is from Mummasaare as Seyffardt were never in that precise location ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello Both

And many thanks for your answers and description about the Nederland division.
    The Divisions way is very interesting, but a little strenge if the division not were in Mummaseere, but i can find out the correct area where the tag is found.

?

Not sure these diggers are giving the correst locations Lars !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Late answer Paul. The Tag here were found in Repniku forest.

?

I thought that might be the case , many of these tags were found around the old farms in the forest at Repniku , strong points for the last stand of GS , last year a mass grave was found not far from these locations it was thought this might be the missing of GS but the remains we're predominantly Russians.

1st July 1916

Bumping an old thread with a comparison between the OP disc and my recently acquired example, showing remarkable differences I have to say...

SS Nederland

?

Both types are well known Glenn , a nice pick up !!

1st July 1916