Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.

Article about: This one looks good to me but I would still like to hear your opinion before I buy it. The disc is in two pieces and found in Germany. Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.

This one looks good to me but I would still like to hear your opinion before I buy it. The disc is in two pieces and found in Germany.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.   SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.  

SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS "Oranienburg" ID-disc real or fake.

Well the obverse marking matches the one shown at the bottom of this thread page: Oranienburg? but weirdly the number font is different...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Jan, sorry to be so late to the party on this but it is a nearly exact match to 2 tags photographed in "Die Erkennungsmarken der SS-Einheiten" pp 144-145 they have roll numbers 346 and 1853

?

You have to be wary of books though- there are some that are truly awful, and most have no referencing to show just why the author believes a given example to be real. It could be his opinion or what he was told by a third party and who knows whether either one is valid...

Jan
    ?

I decided to go for it, the seller is a very reliable one and although I´m no collector of concentration camp item´s I decided that I could own at least one item that illustrates that aspect of WW2.

Best,

Jan

?

Hopefully the seller's reliability means he offers a lifetime authenticity guarantee- that's about all that really makes a difference since the majority of sellers are probably trustworthy people, but rarely know enough about Erkennungsmarken to avoid buying fakes themselves. They honestly think the pieces they have are real so are selling in good faith- but that doesn't make up for it if you buy something and find out later it's junk...