Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ss sturmbrigade wallonien. ers. kp.

Article about: Неllo! What will be opinion? Original?

?

Default ss sturmbrigade wallonien. ers. kp.

Неllo! What will be opinion? Original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss sturmbrigade wallonien. ers. kp.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ss sturmbrigade wallonien. ers. kp.

my knowledge is limited,but i would not opt for this piece, if genuine could it be field made make do? it isnt esthetically pleasing,hope im incorrect, regards, george w

?

Actually, it's not crude or even less-nicely made than many usual issue discs- imagine how little you'd care about straight and even stamping after 37 individual strikes just to make one disc LOL After three or four I'd be all over the place I figure

The font isn't one of the well-known fake types, and I see no errors in the text or anything else that would immediately make me concerned- in fact, my initial response is that it has merit. The fact that it's the Ersatz Kompanie and not a field unit is good (fakers usually go for field units even though it's usually completely wrong), the Sigrunen made of 3 lines fits with the overall imperfect look and single capital letter stamp set used. Unfortunately it'd be necessary to be able to compare it to a known original to really say it's real- the best I can say is that it's not an obvious fake. It falls into the category of possibly worth buying if cheap enough to justify a risk.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    my knowledge is limited,but i would not opt for this piece, if genuine could it be field made make do? it isnt esthetically pleasing,hope im incorrect, regards, george w
    Certainly many original tags are not esthetically pleasing George so that isn't a reason to rule it out !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

thank you for your replies paul and matt, another observation{as im trying to educate myself with these} is it appears the "ss" runes semm to be made by the number seven,with the 7 being inverted to make the rune, would this point to anything? regards george w

?

That could be- or a '1' or just the usual slash and a dash; it's not uncommon really to see the Sigrunen made from whatever was available as they're clearly not something that'd be in just any stamp set. It doesn't suggest anything special other than, to me, as I wrote, it fits with the somewhat imperfect way the disc is done overall.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...