Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Article about: Thanks to Matt I have added this super disc to my collection! As Matt describes it; "The SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung 3 is exceedingly rare- as any Sturmgeschütz pi

Default SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Thanks to Matt I have added this super disc to my collection!

As Matt describes it;

"The SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung 3 is exceedingly rare- as any Sturmgeschütz pieces are, - because the force was so tiny; the markings are wonderful- the main Sturmgeschütz text is a single long stamp, and the 'associated' nomenclature 'SS-Panzerjäger) added in singly with the Stammrollennummer. Interestingly, the unit was created on 15.8.44 by the redesignation of the SS-Sturmgeschütz-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung (by just adding a 3), but also the addition of 'Panzerjäger' to the mix. It does make some sense since the early Hornisse/Nashorn units in the Heer, for example, were actually specifically denoted as 'Panzerjäger' units despite the use of tank-destroyers and not just guns."

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS- Sturmgeschutz disc  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS- Sturmgeschutz disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS- Sturmgeschutz disc

Wow, that a interesting piece. I bet your wallet got a direct hit when you bought this one

Exuse my ignorance Nick, but have you checked this one, to be certain it is genuine? I always get a little reserved when i see anything made out of metal with "SS" stamped on it.

Hi Trond

This is from moderator MattL's collection.

Need I say more

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Because it was such a late-war nomenclature change, I find myself wondering if they ended-up training men on vehicles like the Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, etc. as well- since those were specifically denoted 'Panzerjäger'; it makes sense that because they're turretless too, people used to training men on the Sturmgeschütz would be best to train on the big self-propelled guns.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd kept it LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Because it was such a late-war nomenclature change, I find myself wondering if they ended-up training men on vehicles like the Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdpanther, etc. as well- since those were specifically denoted 'Panzerjäger'; it makes sense that because they're turretless too, people used to training men on the Sturmgeschütz would be best to train on the big self-propelled guns.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd kept it LOL
    Phew, glad I got in there early

Nick

?

great addition Nick , soon be time too show them all off

One word "beautiful"nick and congratsregards minnie

Thanks guys !

Nick

Congrats on your new addition mate.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks my friend!!

Nick