Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS TOTENKOPF Div ID tag ....fake ?

Article about: At the risk of re treading the same as other threads I wondered if I can get a clarification on my ID tag which has been condemned elsewhere. Thx in advance guys

Default SS TOTENKOPF Div ID tag ....fake ?

At the risk of re treading the same as other threads I wondered if I can get a clarification on my ID tag which has been condemned elsewhere. Thx in advance guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TOTENKOPF Div  ID tag ....fake ?   SS TOTENKOPF Div  ID tag ....fake ?  

SS TOTENKOPF Div  ID tag ....fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TOTENKOPF Div  ID tag ....fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Rob,

So the problem with this tag is that there was no SS-Totenkopf regiment 10. There was a Totenkopf-Standarte 10, but that is not the correct tag for that unit. So I think this tag is bad.

Rob,
    Afraid I also agree with Eike41 on this one. Although someone has gone to some trouble to find a convincing stamp set. The crossing out of the roll number and replacement on the back is also a nice touch. But in essence it's not right.

Im not well up on SS at all so I defer to better judgement . The Original seller states this to me

I bet the dog tag is original dug one. It´s enough info about development of 10th ss t standart: it was renamed ss t inf rgt and finally on its base was formed Horst Wessel division. Good source Andrew Mollow´s Uniforms of the SS Vol.7.

?

Rob,

Just to follow up with you on this, the seller is half right. The unit was re-named SS infantry regiment 10 from February 1941 to September of the same year. When it was renamed it lost the Totenkopf designation so the T on the above disk is not correct. I doubt it was ever worn if it was in fact a wartime disk, it might be a period mistake.

Cheers

This write errors of the forger 's really funny .
    I 'm not sure about this. I have many copies in my copy corner . This is not .

Quote by meskalin View Post
    This write errors of the forger 's really funny .
    I 'm not sure about this. I have many copies in my copy corner . This is not .
    I have again seen this brand alone. She's definitely real!