Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Verfügungstruppe Erkenungsmarke

Article about: Your opinions greatly apreciated on this EM please as I have my suspicions

?

Default SS Verfügungstruppe Erkenungsmarke

Your opinions greatly apreciated on this EM please as I have my suspicions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Verfügungstruppe   Erkenungsmarke   SS Verfügungstruppe   Erkenungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Verfügungstruppe   Erkenungsmarke
    P
    Many

The font is similar but I'm not sure about the unit, assumed Deutschland but not sure it is correct. SS ekm collectors might add more.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The font is similar but I'm not sure about the unit, assumed Deutschland but not sure it is correct. SS ekm collectors might add more.
    I thought the unit was per porting to be The 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS "Handschar"

With regards to font type ,Isn't it missing the umlaut on the vowel ??

The umlaut is visible over the first U placed vertically : . I thought the Handschar Division was only raised in 1943 and thus wouldn't be known as Verfügungstruppe? If original it would be rare. Perhaps Eicke41 has an example?

?

BlackCat you've nailed it.I Couldn't see the woods for the trees.
    If indeed 13.SS.D relates to the Croatian div. then yes they were active for the last two years and the VT were a lot earlier.
    I'll just wait for confirmation from other members before breaking the news to the owner.
    Thx

Hello.
    Would like to be 13. Sturm, SS-Deutschland. IMO not good.

?

I can only advice you to have a look at the sticky thread started by Dimas. There you can see multiple SS VT erkennungsmarken.

SS Erkennungsmarken

Regards, Rik

?

It is not stamped in the way I would expect here are some from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Verfügungstruppe   Erkenungsmarke  

?

Thanks for your comments. dschop I had viewed Dimas's epic thread but decided to take the easy way out and list to allow you guys to do what you do best. Share your knowledge .

?

Quote by Rayco View Post
    Thanks for your comments. dschop I had viewed Dimas's epic thread but decided to take the easy way out and list to allow you guys to do what you do best. Share your knowledge .
    That is also a good thing to do. SS emarken are tricky, so I would ask for help too.
    Regarding your example, I have my doubts about it being authentic. I don't like the font and style of stamping.

Regards, Rik