Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480

Article about: Hello everyone: I have in my house is Erkennungsmarke: Stab Jnf.. Ers. 480 Btl State-Mayor of Infantry Battalion 480 replacement I think it's good, but one person told me that the stains may

Default Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480

Hello everyone:
    I have in my house is Erkennungsmarke: Stab Jnf.. Ers. 480 Btl
    State-Mayor of Infantry Battalion 480 replacement
    I think it's good, but one person told me that the stains may be acid. Can this be possible?
    I shopped in http://www.klaus-butschek.com, People told me it was a trusted dealer
    Is this Original or fake?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480   Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480  

Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480  
    Last edited by javimetal; 05-18-2010 at 06:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Stab Jnf. Ers. Btl. 480

I wouldn't worry too much about the staining- it's just staining and could be the result of anything. It'd only be a concern if there were other much more significant issues that would cause worry, and I don't see anything. The lettering isn't suspect, the abbreviations and text are fine. It's a simple infantry replacement unit- nothing special, so not really worth faking LOL The fact that it's the unit staff and not just a recruit Kompanie is better but it's still not terribly valuable. The cord looks to be an original style, which is nice as they're uncommon.

Oh and whatever translator you're using didn't do so well- it's not 'State Mayor' it's actually 'Staff' (command).

The only issue is if you paid too much for it LOL Dealers aren't good sources for many reasons, price for one and the fact that they're not experts in everything and Erkennungsmarken are tricky- so even reputable dealers can have fakes unknowingly. In general there's no need to be concerned about fake regular Heer discs- fakers seem to focus on SS and 'famous' units like the HG types, GD, etc. since they're worth much more; faking a $20-$30 Infanterie disc isn't worth it it seems. But if you're concerned, I'd always recommend asking here before you buy- then we can advise on the authenticity and the price
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt.
    I paid 35 Euros, in Dollars which is a bit less.
    Do you know any dealer who is trusted, having Erkennungsmarke Originals? (If you want to write them here or private message). I would like to get some more Erkennungsmarke, i don´t want than SS Panzer or the famous fakes
    The person who told me about the acid I translated "Stab" as a state-Mayor .....
    What work the soldiers had belonged to "Stab" (Personnel, Command)?
    Thank you for your kindness

?

That's rather high- but not surprising from a dealer I should think.

As I say, general Heer discs really aren't faked much so any source is really safe even evil-bay; that being said, I still recommend asking for confirmtion before buying anything.

And the staff would be everyone who's involved in running the training unit- some officers, NCOs plus lots and lots clerks, etc.- they're administrators mainly, and possibly the actual training personnel were part of this organization, but that I don't know for sure.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...