Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stabs kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Batl 380

Article about: I thought it was about time I posted one of my own. Decided on this one to illustrate font, etc. It belonged to a soldier in the Staff Kompanie of Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 380. I am assum

Default Stabs kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Batl 380

Stabs kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Batl 380

I thought it was about time I posted one of my own. Decided on this one to illustrate font, etc. It belonged to a soldier in the Staff Kompanie of Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 380. I am assuming that as this layout of the details is from this unit that the owner was among those originally on the Stammliste of the unit from its inception in 1939. He went all through the war, read it on Der Lexikon and ended up as a POW in one of the camps on the Rhine near Remagen. Back then we could send tags back to the WaSt and they would process them. Although they confirmed the unit they admitted that the owner was still among the missing. No remains were found at the time but this tag is one of the thousands of Germans who died from disease of malnutrition after the war had ended. It's value is small, but for me it is immense.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stabs kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Batl 380
    P
    Many

?

It's a nice tag. And great to have the additional information about the owner, it makes it that much more interesting and important to keep in your collection (imo).

Regards, Rik

I agree that it is story behind the object that can really give it significance. I wish it were possible to correlate an individual to a tag since it really gives a face, or at least a name, to the tag. I suppose that's just one more good reason to keep Soldbuchs and EKMs together.

That's why I always like finding or collecting tags, to try and find out as much as possible about the owner. That's the advantage of WW1 1915 pattern EKM when the owners name home town and unit is on them. Third Reich tags are great if you can find them with a Soldbuch, but that is getting harder nowadays. Thanks for the interest I will post some of my other finds later.