Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Stalag IXC POW tag

Article about: This one is in fantastic shape and the lettering (to my untrained eye) looks the same as another one posted here back in 2009 as well as images from "the Pegasus archives" that det

MAP
    ?

Default Stalag IXC POW tag

This one is in fantastic shape and the lettering (to my untrained eye) looks the same as another one posted here back in 2009 as well as images from "the Pegasus archives" that detailed the camp.

POW Tag

The unique "S", as well as the other letters (t, a, l and g) seem to match up. Also the space between the IX and C.

But would be overjoyed if someone confirmed that it is real.

Any way to ID the soldier to this tag?

Any thoughts?

Michael

Stalag IXC POW tagStalag IXC POW tag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalag IXC POW tag
    P
    Many

From what I have learnt over the years here, it looks good to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    From what I have learnt over the years here, it looks good to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. Appreciated

Looked good to me from what I have learned in these threads but I'm still learning.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's for sure a original.

MAP
    ?

Quote by kindzjal View Post
    It's for sure a original.
    Thanks Kindzjal,

The pictures don't do it justice. It is in near pristine condition.

Regards

Michael

It's original, of course...But you must know the country of the soldier, French, Belgian....In france, we can find the names but not the numbers.
    Ther is one place with good informations

But if your tag is not for a French, it's not helpful to write.

Here, all the prisoners by name, no number!
    Liste officielle ... des prisonniers de guerre français : d'après les renseignements fournis par l'autorité militaire allemande : nom, date et lieu de naissance, unité / Centre national d'information sur les prisonniers de guerre

- - ------- - -

It's original, of course...But you must know the country of the soldier, French, Belgian....In france, we can find the names but not the numbers.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb34458709m/date
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Quote by lebus12 View Post

Liste officielle ... des prisonniers de guerre français : d'après les renseignements fournis par l'autorité militaire allemande : nom, date et lieu de naissance, unité / Centre national d'information sur les prisonniers de guerre

- - ------- - -

Thanks! Will look at these links. Worth a try!

Regards,

Michael