Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stamm Kp.I.134

Article about: My friend sold to me for a really funny price (something like 8 euros) this fantastic ID disk. It was his ground find on borders between Czech and Austria. I really like itscondition (even i

Default Stamm Kp.I.134

My friend sold to me for a really funny price (something like 8 euros) this fantastic ID disk. It was his ground find on borders between Czech and Austria.

I really like itscondition (even it is broken into 3 parts) and Stammrollennummer - 10.

Can you help me and provide me with some information about the unit. I found that they maybe fought a lot on the Eastern Front and they were destroyed around Minsk. Also I found on the internet only 1 (same) but with number aroud 5000 so I am quite proud of that disk.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamm Kp.I.134
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Stamm Kp.I.134

Well a Stammkompanie is part of an Ersatz unit, so technically this unit didn't fight anywhere; it's Stammkompanie Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon I./134:

Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 134

1. Aufstellung:

* 26.8.1939 in Wien-Strebersdorf, Wehrkreis XVII; 28.12.1939 umbenannt in Infanterie-Ersatz-
    Bataillon I./134
    ; 28.7.1941 nach Brünn in das Protektorat verlegt; 1.10.1942 geteilt; Grenadier-
    Ersatz- bzw. Ausbildungs-Bataillon I./134 seit 7.11.1942; 10.4.1943 beide Bataillone vereinigt zum
    Grenadier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Bataillon I./134; Oktober 1944 Grenadier-Ausbildungs-Bataillon
    I./134 mobil mit Feldpostnummer, später aufgelöst.

2. Unterstellung:

Division 177 Ersatztruppe für die 44. Infanterie-Division (später Reich * Grenadier-Division Hoch-
    und Deutschmeister)

So your disc didn't belong to one of the very first members of the unit unless they didn't start training anyone during the first four months when they were simply I.E.B. 134; but it is certain that he was there right after the desgination change in late December, 1939. This was one of the very, very few IEBs that had a 'sister' unit bearing the same Arabic number- i.e., there was a II./134.

Since it's listed as having supplied replacements to the units of the 44. Infanterie-Division, this soldier could have been a member of Infanterie-Regimenter 131, 132 or 134. You can find the histories of all of those on the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt for your answer, but why do you think it is an ersatz unit? There is no E. in the code.

?

I explained that in the first sentence: a Stammkompanie is a part of an Ersatz Bataillon; field Regimenter have only a Stabskompanie and up to 15 numbered Kompanien- no Stammkompanie.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...