Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?

Article about: Hi all I have another curious tag. This one is stamped "Stb. / Bb. L.A." over the roll number 127 with no further unit information, any ideas?

?

Default Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?

Hi all I have another curious tag. This one is stamped "Stb. / Bb. L.A." over the roll number 127 with no further unit information, any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Eike, been looking through my list of EKM abbreviations and Bb could stand for Bau-Bataillon and Bewährungs-Bataillon. My guess would be for a Bau-Bataillon.

Regards, Rik

?

Here is a photo of an EKM for an Ersatz unit of a Bau-Bataillon. Credit of the photo goes to the website mbetram.de. Just to show you same style of Bb on a tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?  

?

Ok, I don't want to mess things up but what about Beobachtung-Lehr-Abteilung? I have not seen a tag of this this unit, so I don't know if the abbreviations are correct.

But after some searching I did find the abbreviation Bb.L.A. (Beobachtungs Lehr Abteilung) on the website bodenfundforum.com.

this mine is Beobachtungs Abteilung 23 - Batterie Lichtmess matr.154

I think "L.A." = lichtmess abteilung

Stb./Bb. L. A. What is this?

I would agree with Beobachtungs Lehr Abteilung.

?

I like the "Lehr Abeiltung" it makes sense because there is no unit making on the disk. Thanks to all you guys for your insight and input!