Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these disks real??

Article about: Hi all, Im new to buying these but would like to own a real one for my collection, so im asking before I buy any of these, also any info on what the markings mean, thanks for all the expert

Default Are these disks real??

Hi all, Im new to buying these but would like to own a real one for my collection, so im asking before I buy any of these, also any info on what the markings mean, thanks for all the expert advice and help.
    Are these disks real??Are these disks real??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these disks real??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Are these disks real??

Hello,

The first one comes from Reichsarbeitsdienst (State Labor Service).

M 234 = Meldeamt 234 (Hirschberg) - Registration Office 234 in Hirschberg
    RAD 1/104 = RAD 1 (Abteilung)/ 104 (Gruppe) (Görlitz) - 1st company/ 104th RAD battalion Görlitz
    2495 - worker's number

Second one:
    Kf.-A.-Kp. = Kraftfahr-Ausbildungs-Kompanie - motor transport training company
    L.K.S. Bln.-Gatow = Luftkriegsschule Berlin-Gatow - air force school Berlin-Gatow
    15 - soldier's number
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Luftkriegsschule
    Luftkriegsschule 2

Both discs are original.

The second disc looks to have alot of 'haloing' around the stampings.

?

Yeah, haloing is usually the sign of a fake, but that's such an obscure and not terribly desirable formation as to make me wonder if anyone woule ever bother making one LOL It also has one feature of a self-made disc- the edge on that bottom hole has the appearance of one that's roughly hand-punched or drilled so there's a lot of material left that has to be bent over...

Max, if you just want an example of a military identity disc, neither of these is for you; the RAD wasn't military and an air warfare school truck driver unit isn't really anything all that interesting or typical either. You'd be best off with a regular Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon (regular infantryman), or something like that. The marking would be 'Inf. Ers. Btl.'.

It's definitely smart to ask though- we can certainly help you avoid any fakes. Stay away from SS and you're generally safe though.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

thanks for the advice to all and matt, yeah after I found out that info these arent something I would want to purchace, I definatly want one from infantry, if I find anything else I will definatly put it on here before I purchase it!

Here are two more for your expert eyes, they are suppose to be from the battlefields of stalingrad. what do you think???

Are these disks real??Are these disks real??
    Attachment 365796Attachment 365797

I don't see anything immediately wrong with them. Matt is the man with the memory for fake fonts so hopefully he will be along to impart some knowledge.

Have you checked these units on Lexicon to see if they were actually in Stalingrad?

I dont know what lexicon is, Im a total newbie at this stuff.

?

What is lexicon?

?

Hello,

Lexikon der Wehrmacht is the website where you can find most of the units of German WWII army and their history. Unfortunately, it is in German language. See the thread here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/erken...on-here-15827/

The links to the two units from ID tags are respectively:
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 514 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

The first unit (renamed on 12-Nov-42 Füsilier-Regiment 230) was destroyed at Stalingrad. The second unit was replacement battalion for many units (as you can see in the link), so without another soldier's documentation (Soldbuch/ Wehrpass) you cannot be sure if the soldier ended up in the unit that was fighting at Stalingrad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast