MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Kripo disc

Article about: What are your thoughts on this piece gents? Personally, I took a while to find any errors with the lettering, which I believe, is the place to start. Perhaps the "9" is slightly wr

?

Default Thoughts on Kripo disc

What are your thoughts on this piece gents? Personally, I took a while to find any errors with the lettering, which I believe, is the place to start. Perhaps the "9" is slightly wrong...? And I also noticed that the letters "M" and "I" are not quite aligned. I was told that it has recently been sold anyway, but I'm just curious as to what folk will make of it.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on Kripo disc   Thoughts on Kripo disc  

Last edited by CARL; 12-01-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Kripo disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Thoughts on Kripo disc

Looks like a good period disc - some pitting probably to being in the ground.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Tiger88: I saw one of those in the police museum in Berlin in 1971, and it looked exactly like yours in every respect, except that it was in mint condition. I would say that you have a genuine example there that has been living in a hostile environment for some time. Good catch. Dwight

?

I just had a quick look at one of the nice images on Don Bible's website on warrant discs and it sure looks the same to me; even the slight misalignment of the 'L' and 'P' in 'KRIMINALPOLIZEI' is the same.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

These are a treasured item for the collector.

Any members here own one they can show?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I looked at that site too Matt, yet I thought the 9 looked slightly different.

Dwight, this one isn't actually mine, although I believe that it was sold recently.

Rgds,

Carl

The sight of these little discs caused many hearts to skip a beat after the late-night knock on the door...If these items could only talk!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    These are a treasured item for the collector.

Any members here own one they can show?

Nick
    Nick -
    If you scroll down to the earlier topics you will find a number of postings relative to these disc,s with pictures.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Actually, the Kripo weren't the people who, in the metaphorical sense, "knocked in the night;" that was the Gestapo. The Kripo stands for Kriminalpolizei, and they were, and still are, police detectives who investigate crimes. Dwight

Well, considering that Himmler was Chef der Deutschen Polizei I'm sure these Kripo discs didn't create a good feeling among Kriminelle Elemente...which included jews at the time....
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast