Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull

Article about: Hi friends. Here is a fresh find from the city of Teplice - Czech. A friend found it just a few days ago. The skull was found in 30cm distance from the dog tag but it doesn't make sense to h

Default Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull

Hi friends.
    Here is a fresh find from the city of Teplice - Czech. A friend found it just a few days ago.
    The skull was found in 30cm distance from the dog tag but it doesn't make sense to have belonged to the same soldier since the dog tag signifies an infantry unit of the Totenkopf.

What i would like to ask is why there are 2 numbers at the beginning of the stamps? (2./8.)

Cheers
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull   Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull  

Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull   Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf ERK with Panzer Skull
    P
    Many

Now that i think of it again, the skull looks like an early Allgemeine SS and not a panzer skull.
    What ya say?

?

Great finds. Look forward to reading more.
    At first glance, the tag looked like it read 'Affen SS,' which we all know was the small and not very succesful simian attak unit.

Hi Chris, it is not a Panzer skull.

These jawless skulls were used by the SS in the early days.

2nd Kompanie / 8th SS Totenkopf Infantry Regt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies.
    It's great that it's a SS skull coz this means that it probably belonged to the same soldier.

?

These odd 'transitional' Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regimenter are the only units I can think of who put the number first. They did so as the Totenkopfstandarte, and just kept the order when those became their own T-J-R units (for the very short time they existed). What I think is neat and different about this one too is that EVERYTHING has a period after it- even the blood group letter LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    These odd 'transitional' Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regimenter are the only units I can think of who put the number first. They did so as the Totenkopfstandarte, and just kept the order when those became their own T-J-R units (for the very short time they existed). What I think is neat and different about this one too is that EVERYTHING has a period after it- even the blood group letter LOL
    Thanks for the detailed analysis as usual Matt. Much appreciated.
    Yeah i had noticed those dots everywhere. It looked strange at first but i thought that a faker wouldn't do something so unusual plus i trust the source that it came from. The other thing that caught my attention was that the letters are black whilst most of the rest of the area of the disc is lighter in color. But that could happen easily after some cleaning.

?

The blood letter markings was allways there, before tatoos on the body, if the body was not tatooed with blood group, then it has been marked on the dog tag
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The blood letter markings was allways there, before tatoos on the body, if the body was not tatooed with blood group, then it has been marked on the dog tag
    Hi Dimas. What is different is not the blood group but the dot after it. The guy who made this ERK was a dot maniac lol

Is it possible for a Mod to amend the title of the thread to "SS skull" instead of "Panzer skull" please?