Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Got these two ID disks long before I got wise and joined WRF. Have combed throught the "sticky" threads and others but still not sure. Can anyone tell me if they are legit (I have

MAP
    ?

Default Two Erkennungsmarken

Got these two ID disks long before I got wise and joined WRF. Have combed throught the "sticky" threads and others but still not sure. Can anyone tell me if they are legit (I have my worries)?

I've also read through Ade's very helpful "useful abbreviations" thread but would like confirmation on what they say if anyone would like to opine

As always. Thanks!

Michael

Here is the first: Is it normal to have a cross out (did the Wehrmacht make mistakes ) Under a 40x loop there what appears to be some patina and old rust

Two ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo Erkennungsmarken

Second: this one looks sloppy so not surprised if it is a fake but hoping for the best. It too has some pitting, patina and rust in the cavity of the letters

Two ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo ErkennungsmarkenTwo Erkennungsmarken
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Hi Michael,

They're fine- I have no doubts that both are original. The first is Bau-Bataillon 234, originally 254, and yes, sometimes one does see a change like this- it might be that it was a rush job, farmed out to some local person who mistakenly marked a bunch of them '254' instead of '234' or something. There's no connection between the units, so it wasn't a formal change or anything like that and the numbers are identical so it was done, presumably, by the same person who did the original marking. So rather than wasting Heer property, he just corrected the mistake.

The other disc is Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 33- again a nice, typical original signals replacement detachment disc.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

If they were high profile, 'sexy' units then there might be a worry but construction and signals replacement units are fairly run of the mill so not really worth the fakers time and effort to produce.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Glenn / Matt,

This is great. Really appreciate the feedback. After reading thru the threads trying to educate myself I started second guessing these

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)