Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unit Mark Help 3./Pi.11.I

Article about: Hi Guys, Looking for some help to try & identify this unit stamp on a Wh EM belt i have just received' Could this be 3rd Pioneer Regiment 2nd Infantry ? 3./Pi.11.I Thanks Mac 66.

?

Default Unit Mark Help 3./Pi.11.I

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help to try & identify this unit stamp on a Wh EM belt i have just received'

Could this be 3rd Pioneer Regiment 2nd Infantry ?

3./Pi.11.I

Thanks Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit Mark Help       3./Pi.11.I  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unit Mark Help       3./Pi.11.I
    P
    Many

?

That would be 3. Kompanie, Pionier-Bataillon 11; Roman numerals usually indicate a Bataillon as a subunit of a Regiment, but they don't indicate anything I've ever heard of as part of a standalone Bataillon; Pi.11 was in Wehrkreis I, so maybe it's a very early mark that included that?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    That would be 3. Kompanie, Pionier-Bataillon 11; Roman numerals usually indicate a Bataillon as a subunit of a Regiment, but they don't indicate anything I've ever heard of as part of a standalone Bataillon; Pi.11 was in Wehrkreis I, so maybe it's a very early mark that included that?

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for the correct info on my unit marked belt,

to add to the early theory the belt is also date stamped 1936 with maker & place of manufacture.

Were they an Engineer Battalion ? > Pionier-Bataillon 11

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit Mark Help       3./Pi.11.I   Unit Mark Help       3./Pi.11.I  

?

Ah, yes, that might well explain the 'I' then; I can't think of anything else that it might be. And yup, that's them- combat engineers. I'm not sure when in English the term 'engineer' came into use for this kind of solider, but I seem to recall we did originally call them pioneers ourselves...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Ah, yes, that might well explain the 'I' then; I can't think of anything else that it might be. And yup, that's them- combat engineers. I'm not sure when in English the term 'engineer' came into use for this kind of solider, but I seem to recall we did originally call them pioneers ourselves...

Thats great Matt,

Looks like we have cracked it

Cheers Mac 66.

Lovely belt and buckle....