Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unit marker tag for baggage items

Article about: Hi I know this is not strictly the place for this post but as it identifies an individual and unit I hope you'll appreciate it's relevance. Now my missus fell off her chair laughing when I t

Default Unit marker tag for baggage items

Hi

I know this is not strictly the place for this post but as it identifies an individual and unit I hope you'll appreciate it's relevance.

Now my missus fell off her chair laughing when I told her i had acquired a bit of "original wood" luckily she didn't ask how much it cost.

Now if you excuse the pun this stuff doesn't grow on trees !

This is a wooden luggage tag for the soldier to put on his kit when in transport and it has surrvived a lot longer than the one the airline gave me this summer on my way to holiday !

Unit marker tag for baggage items

it belonged to Obergrenadier Sehrig or Senrig and his feldpost number was 46808.

This feldpost is attributed to Infantry regt 726 and they were formed may 1941 in wk VI. In 1942 it's designation was changed to Grenadier regt which means this is 1943 onwards tag.

As part of the 716 Infantry Division the unit was deployed in Normandy and flattened.

After being re-built it was flattened again in the Kolmar bridgehead, 1945 !

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unit marker tag for baggage items
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unit marker tag for baggage items

Nice item Tony - are they cigarette burns on the wood?
    I remember my ciggies doing that when you put them down somewhere ( back when I did )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: Unit marker tag for baggage items

G'day Dan,

It's an ink stain by the look of things. Don't know why this always happens over the name.......very annoying but there is enough left to go on.

cheers

tony