Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur

Article about: Hi Everyone, Picked up a number of items at Saturday's flea-market, one being this Erkennungsmarke, chain & miniatur Erkennungsmarke. A couple of things I don't follow - what's the unit

?

Default Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur

Hi Everyone,
    Picked up a number of items at Saturday's flea-market, one being this Erkennungsmarke, chain & miniatur Erkennungsmarke. A couple of things I don't follow - what's the unit on the large dog-tag - is it an artillery one, also first time I've seen B/Gr. A stamped on tag usually its just blood group letter, anyone seen this before?. Has anyone also seen, this constellation of dog-tags (I don't usually collect them) large and small ones chained together. What's the small one for - the name is self explanatory, but the stamped numbers - personal or unit number?. Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur

Hello,
    It stands for Schützen Ersatz Kompanie 84 (not artillery)
    b/Gr is in fact Bl Gr for Blut Gruppe A (uncommon but already seen)
    roll number 135
    the small ID tag looks french. Same shape, meant to be worn around the wrist. Scholz could be a french name from Eastern France, close to Germany...
    Not sure it helps...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

The small one is a Belgian army ID tag
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hello Dimas,
    This is not my field of collecting, but what makes you think it's belgian...(don't know how it looks like)...
    Here's a french EM ID tag for you to compare...maybe they're the same
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Erkennungsmarke + Miniatur  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

The small one is French mod.1918 tag. Belgian IIWW were bit smaller and had no hole in bottom halve.
    This could have been issued when this German soldier bacame a POW in 1940 or 1945. However there were 2 different types of French POW tags issued to German POWs and none of them look alike this on. I don't think if this was a German from Alsace serving in French army as the tag isn't stamped according to French regulations for Army tags.
    Rgds
    Al

Hello Al,
    thanks for these infos...
    the stratospheric number stamped on it is quite strange...816009
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Hello Al, JPhilip,Dimas,
    Thanks gentlemen for your posts. I bought the dog-tag from an old boy, estimate age - mid sixties. His story was it belonged to his father and slipped out from between papers, the guy was selling just normal household bric-a-brac . Next time I run across him at the flea-market, I'll ask about his father ever being a P.O.W in France, perhaps he may know something.
    Regards