Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Very nice tag ? Your opinions?

Article about: I have been offered this tag.. Your opinion??

Being on the fence I still purchased the tag.. Something about it possibly being original had me intrigued so I paid sixty usd seems fair I thought. ?? Hoping it is authentic?? Fingers crossed .. seller believes it was from division das reich?? thx for your opinions gentlemen ..but if anyone has some comparable photos of similair tags to compare to I would like to see them? Please post!! thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very nice tag ? Your opinions?
    P
    Many

I think you might have wasted your money, closer examination of the lower 'SS' in the above photo appears to show a lighter colored impression mark (or 'halo') in the surrounding oxidized metal which should be impossible if the disc was stamped prior to oxidation.

A macro shot of the SS stamping might be of assistance as the above photo can't be blown up with high enough resolution to be 100% sure.

I don't like the fact that the S is very sharp even though it's in an area of quite corroded metal!...

One small but potentially bad thing that I wonder about, is Why are the 2 "F"s in Waffen out of alignment exactly as they are stamped on the Other side? It is abit worrisome.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

upon further inspection it's clear the 'FF' are not a mirror image at all.. The SS markings upon zooming in are partial reason for the original corrosion.. Further indicating original Authenticity?... So is it possible some of the evaluations we see posted are not always correct? answer is yet again questionable in various opinions.. A nice tag non the less..
    Last edited by Nailbanger76; 10-07-2015 at 11:53 AM.

"So is it possible some of the evaluations we see posted are not always correct?"

If you'll note, I have not made a pronouncement for either good Or bad but have simply pointed out elements that merited discussion....
    William

No wear at the cord holes and the font used make me very suspicious.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

We all have opinions even Matt was incorrect at times so you have to take the opinions of everyone and compare that with what you know or think about the tag. You should also research the units if you can.

"Sample of metal was also taken authenticating yet again", what does that mean? You tested a piece of zinc and determined it is of 1940s manufacture? Even if that was remotely possible it doesn't prove when the tag was stamped.

As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters. Trying to sell it on one day as original might be problematic however.

I did wonder about That bit myself....lol
    William

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast