Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS Debica Disc

Article about: How do you call it, selfmade. Thomas

Feldpostnummer 05803 is actually for the 5th Sicherungsflottille VS 502, a Kriegsmarine security flottilla, disbanded on 5.4.44...The Waffen SS connection doesn't stand...
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Debica Disc
    P
    Many

?

Quote by TCL View Post
    OK,mistake, I translated hand engraved, done with a tool. This disk was bought in the market of a big military Forum and the disk was acepted. Of course not everybody want to have this disk in his collection.
    I want to compare it with a german magazin from 1939 it is a strong paper, if you touch the same magazine from 1940 it is like silk.
    I am not going to sell the disk, I just wanted to show it, its a part of my seeing of history. This disk was made, when the german troops in the east where running towards west.
    About misspelling, I can sent you a doc where it is writen "Grenatier", you want to see some documents with undercrossed from 1900 and than you expect in 1944 a high class school training,
    look at the Internet today, about misspelling in your language.
    Oh well Thomas you have to understand that on fora such as this, everything is evaluated- even if it's just for display and no questions are being asked; everyone here is learning so every piece is a chance to study more details, recognize possible problems and make conclusions. What other fora think, and whether or not other collectors would buy something doesn't matter. We look at things ourselves and discuss things we see so we can better understand the subject in general.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Feldpostnummer 05803 is actually for the 5th Sicherungsflottille VS 502, a Kriegsmarine security flottilla, disbanded on 5.4.44...The Waffen SS connection doesn't stand...
    cheers, Glenn
    It wouldn't be a Feldpostnummer anyway- it's a proper unit, so it'd be a Stammrollennummer; it's just not normal at all. And the 'DEBOT' issue isn't one of getting German wrong, or even misspellings as Thomas suggeste-, since this is a hand-marked Erkennungsmarke, meaning the person took potentially 20 or 30 seconds not a fraction of a second to make each letter- that makes it far, far less understandable to make such a mistake. It's not like he just grabbed the wrong stamp or his set was missing a 'P'- he took time to make the 'B' and didn't recognize the error; that suggests he didn't understand what he was marking at all- like transcribing a foreign language: it's easy to get a letter wrong because you don't actually recognize the word. Maybe these discs were made by HIWIs or other foreign nationals and not Germans; the issue is that fakers are generally non-Germans too and much of the time they don't know what they're marking and make mistakes like misspellings...

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Depot is misspelled "Debot"...always a red flag when they get their German wrong...You'll have a tough time convincing a seasoned collector of the originality of this disc, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn
    even if the tag is questionable itself
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

TCL
    ?

Gentlemen, you are right, it´s a worse try to make some money. I have to clear, why it was taken for good. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by TCL; 08-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.

TCL
    ?

At the end! Gentlemen, I have presented the German forum, the tag once again, with the comment that it would a fake. The tag was confirmed again as an original.
    And now I have no more interest in the tag and have set for exchange.
    Cheers Thomas

?

Never mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2