Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??

Article about: A friend of mine is selling these and claims he found them at Kurland pocket, The 11th volunteer SS panzer grenadier regiment Norand did fight there and I am guessing this is the regiment th

Good to hear someone finally agreeing to the fact that "Waffen-SS" is not indicative of a fake disk. Neither is the lack of siegrunes!

I'm guessing, if the tag was to have been accurate with the unit designation it would have stated "SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 24 Danmark" (or some abbreviation to that effect) and not like here saying "11 SS Pz Rg Danmark". As I have come to understand the "11 SS Pz Rgt" was the well known "Nordland" division... correct?

But either way, with the unit info confirmed to be all wrong it's a fake anyway!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??
    P
    Many

?

So just to be clear, the "Nordland" division never had a panzer regiment, it had a panzer battalion, you can find the TO&E for Nordland by doing a google search or checking the Lexikon der Wehrmacht link at the top of the forum here It really is a great place to see all unit information.

Ok, thanks! Now I know that as well.

My main point all the way was just concerning the wrong points for concluding it's fake in post #2 in this thread --- those being "Waffen-SS" and the lack of siegrunes in "SS", which are definitely found on genuine examples. I simply failed to look up the actual unit designation just focusing on the "Waffen-SS" and "Danmark" part, which are, again, not indicative of fakes by themselves.

I do not like this brand.
    Was there ever a Panzer Regiemt Denmark? NO!

The runes were not used on this stamp is no signs that it is a copy. This was now already released.

In the summer of 1943, the SS Panzer Regiment 11 was established and renamed in the same year already in SS Panzer Division. This department, in turn, received in 1944 the name "Hermann von Salza". It was set up in my opinion only one department. Because of acute shortage of staff the 2.Abteilung was not established. Only one department with 8 Komapnien. The 8th Company recorded among others in fighting around the town of Narva, where they used mostly infantry, strong Russian armored formations could stop. In April 1945, the regiment was able to shoot about 100 Russian tanks in front of the gates of Berlin.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Good to hear someone finally agreeing to the fact that "Waffen-SS" is not indicative of a fake disk. Neither is the lack of siegrunes!

I'm guessing, if the tag was to have been accurate with the unit designation it would have stated "SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 24 Danmark" (or some abbreviation to that effect) and not like here saying "11 SS Pz Rg Danmark". As I have come to understand the "11 SS Pz Rgt" was the well known "Nordland" division... correct?

But either way, with the unit info confirmed to be all wrong it's a fake anyway!

Furthermore, there are brands labeled "SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 23".
    Since the Durcfhnummerierung of the troops of the Wehrmacht in 1943, new numbers have been received, the Director Ment actually the number 24, since the 23 SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment Norge belonged.

?

Check out this thread: "Pz.Gren.Rgt. Nordland ( probably fake )" it has the sister tag to this one both made by the same faker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2