Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Waffen ss hohenstaufen

Article about: by Paul E Matt i'm only expressing my opinion , to me it looks like the stamps are relatively new on the disc and there appears to be some halo to the 4 , personally i go the other way now a

?

Default Re: Waffen ss hohenstaufen

Fellow forum member Jan S sent me a photo of another Hohenstaufen disc recovered in the Czech Republic that's identical to yours Christophe- it has a lower roll number, but everything matches, even the remaining bits of 'Gren.' are a perfect match.

Waffen ss hohenstaufen
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss hohenstaufen
    P
    Many

?

that's great!!

it seems to be made in the same metal, i always thought that it was the dog itself that had been modified;in fact no! they modified the stamp

there is another detail about my disc, on its surface there are a lot of little lines, look like digital prints ( you can see them on my scans), is it possible to know if jan S's one has the same characteristics???

i saw another disc on another forum few years ago that comes from holland, and it had an identical script but i don't remember if it had the remaining of "gren"

these hohenstaufen discs seem to be very spécial!!!

?

I wondered about that pattern- not sure what it is. I don't see anything like that on the image from Jan.

They're different for sure; few discs were made with dedicated stamps- i.e., ones with the full text- and this one's even less-usual because it's not just the text marked once on each half, the stamp is both set of text so one strike makes a finished disc. You can see the last pair of quotation marks aren't in the same place on each half and the 'P' of 'Pz.' is slightly different. This also explains why the 'Gren' area is not the same- it's more ground away on one half than the other.

?

hello

"digital prints" are nearly invisible with the eyes in reality and irregularly arranged on the disc if the jan 's one has been energically cleaned they could disappear ; forgot to say disc is made in a magnetic metal

regards
    christophe

?

Yes, they're clearly 'Nirostahl'- the stainless steel type.

?

This Hohenstaufen tags are known as original examples
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3