Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?

Article about: Greeting from Oregon, USA. Just found this ID disk for a HE 111 F. I am hoping its from the plane itself but I am not sure. Can anyone help with the other numbers and letters and give me a l

Default WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?

Greeting from Oregon, USA. Just found this ID disk for a HE 111 F. I am hoping its from the plane itself but I am not sure. Can anyone help with the other numbers and letters and give me a little more on what exactly it is? It was found in a large pile of US veterans items. Any and all help is appreciated. Also, is it collectable in the world of WW2 German collectors? The other pieces are nice but I know what they are. Thanks to all.

Forrest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?   WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?
    P
    Many

?

Neat item. It certainly appears to be from the airplane itself since it's a label from the Heinkel aircraft factory in Rostock. The He111F was a minor variant produced in small numbers before the war- the main bomber was the H, so this one's several back (since there were subvariants between them as well). There's no indication it's from a piece of equipment or anything of that nature- such things are assigned a part number (Fl. Nr.) and this just has what I presume is an airframe number- the Fabr. Nr. since that seems to simply mean 'production number'. During the war the term was 'Werk-Nummer', but being pre-war, it's possible the system was a little different. Baujahr means construction year, but that's obviously coded. It probably has some value to Luftwaffe collectors, but it'd probably be minimal since it is a minor variant of the bomber and it's not a wartime plane.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Very nice bring-back item. ( I also like the Amico - or LGB Pilot wings.........! )
    Regards,

Steve.

WW2 German HE 111 F identity disk or plate? Did it go on the plane?
    HE 111F built for the Turkish airforce.

Thank you for the responses, you're awesome. Until next time.

Forrest