Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

24th Aero Grouping

Article about: Here is a group I picked up the begining of 2009. It came with a 101st grouping, which is my other main collecting field. So I was finally able to connect the 2 interests of my collection. U

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Default 24th Aero Grouping

Here is a group I picked up the begining of 2009. It came with a 101st grouping, which is my other main collecting field. So I was finally able to connect the 2 interests of my collection. Unfortunately the WWI group is not named. I believe it is either a father in law or some other relative who was in the AS. Either way it took me 20 + years to get a squadron pin, so I was really happy to add this to the collection.. Through research I have been able to narrow down who the observer was due to the battle stars on the Victory medal. But I still have not connected the dots on the relation between the two. Enjoy Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 24th Aero Grouping   24th Aero Grouping  

Default Re: 24th Aero Grouping

Paul,

Welcome! That is a great looking pin, and I hope you are able to put a name with the group one day. I really like the 1st. Army patch on the lower right, nice variant of the usual construction that we see.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very nice little group - Really like the French winged props collars.

Best, Dennis

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Here is another group shot of the 24th aero, from Footnote/Gorrell report.. Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 24th Aero Grouping  

Paul-

I'm glad to see you made it over here. I think you're going to get some good feedback on your aviation collection. Thank you for posting this wonderful group.

That's a great grouping! Could we see some closeups?

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Here are a few I have close up photos of, I will try to take some more in the next few days.. Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images 24th Aero Grouping  24th Aero Grouping