Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

2nd. Lt. Charles Hill, Aviator, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France WWI

Article about: Surprise, surprise...today I received the book "Wild Blue Yonder" by Don Clark. In it, I found many interesting photos that I have never seen before. However, there ARE two that I

Default Re: 2nd. Lt. Charles Hill, Aviator, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France WWI

An oversight on my part...I forgot to include photos of the leather flying helmet in the above section of headgear...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd. Lt. Charles Hill, Aviator, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France WWI   2nd. Lt. Charles Hill, Aviator, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France WWI  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: 2nd. Lt. Charles Hill, Aviator, 3rd. Aviation Instruction Center, Issoudun, France WWI

I sincerely hope you all are enjoying this so far...much more to come if the interest is there...

Please feel free to comment or question if you like. Let me know if there are certain items which you enjoy more, and I will include more detailed shots of those particular items. I definitely don't want to turn this into a mundane thread. I don't bite...well, I do actually, but in a good way.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

3mk
    ?

Great items!Im still looking for a unissued uniform for my collecting,I love the look of American ww1 uniforms and alot were issued to the Polish army just after ww1 during the Polish-Soviet.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Great items!Im still looking for a unissued uniform for my collecting,I love the look of American ww1 uniforms and alot were issued to the Polish army just after ww1 during the Polish-Soviet.
    Many thanks for the reply. Well, I can say that I learned something today, I wasn't aware of the re-issue of US uniforms to the Polish...very interesting indeed.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Wonderful group of great historical items, Steven M !

Regards,

Steve.

I have a Camp Sherman yearbook somewhere and it has photographs of graduates and instructors. I'm not sure what year it is but I'll check it and see if his picture is in there.

Thanks for the replies guys...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve great grouping how did you find it. I love when they are this complete. Keep up the good work. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Steve great grouping how did you find it. I love when they are this complete. Keep up the good work. Gary
    Hi Gary,

Thanks. I obtained this one from Scott Kraska, on on line dealer. He usually has a fair selection of WWI aviation items that he gets from well established and long time collectors. I was very fortunate to get this one when I called him.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

that is a fantastic collection you got there, fantastic, and pleace show more, it very interesting...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast