MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

6 Group Bomber Command RCAF

Article about: The part of Yorkshire I live is where 6 Group Bomber Command were based during WW2. I often visit the airfields and would like to hear from anyone who can share stories,show photos etc It wo

SDrew
    ?

Default Re: 6 Group Bomber Command RCAF

My mother was stationed at Allerton Castle. She was in the RCAF WD and worked as a wireless operator. Her name was Vivian Drew

Quote by SDrew View Post
    My mother was stationed at Allerton Castle. She was in the RCAF WD and worked as a wireless operator. Her name was Vivian Drew
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

I live about 2 miles from there ! Do you have any memorabilia ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

SDrew
    ?

My Mom passed away 3 years ago about 2 weeks before her 93rd Birthday. She was well and living on her own for 92 of those years. She was a wonderful mother to us children and an amazing and courageous woman. I am just now going through her things. My grandaughter needed an artifact of someone in her family for a class project. I did come upon a clipping from the newspaper noting her award for achieving the highest marks in wireless school for all of Canada. my mom is on the left
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6 Group Bomber Command RCAF  

Allerton Castle is open to the public,are you in Canada ?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images 6 Group Bomber Command RCAF  6 Group Bomber Command RCAF 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by SDrew View Post
    My Mom passed away 3 years ago about 2 weeks before her 93rd Birthday. She was well and living on her own for 92 of those years. She was a wonderful mother to us children and an amazing and courageous woman. I am just now going through her things. My grandaughter needed an artifact of someone in her family for a class project. I did come upon a clipping from the newspaper noting her award for achieving the highest marks in wireless school for all of Canada. my mom is on the left
    A fantastic clipping , you must be very proud ! Thank you for showing

Nick

?

Have you managed to take this any further Nick ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Nice bit of history. I enjoyed reading your post, Nick. How's the book going?

Great thread!..

Slow I'm afraid guys. Working on some then and now photos of the airfields and still gathering veterans stories and experiences.
    Also looking at where and what the boys got up to on their nights off in York and Harrogate

Will eventually update you

Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2