Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arado pilot helmet

Article about: Hi Dave, I have no real knowledge of these particular helmets, is this a documented fliers helmet? What purpose does the two studs have on the front of the helmet? Are you sure this is not a

Default Arado pilot helmet

There is a long history of this company dating to WW1..can be found under ARADO on Google.......From 1925 until 1945 it was Arado...the company made many planes for the Luftwaffe prior and during WW2. This helmet appears to be for an early test pilot, made of a hard material and covered with a type of plastic??? ........Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arado pilot helmet   Arado pilot helmet  

Arado pilot helmet   Arado pilot helmet  

?

Default Re: Arado pilot helmet

Very nice.

Thanks Steve, managed to get a copy of Google,hope you can read it (light printing) double click on page..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arado pilot helmet  

Hi Dave,

The shell material is compressed cork I believe. Did you purchase this in the U.K. as I believe I'm familiar with it?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes Ned, I would say Dave got it from the same seller in the UK as I got my ARADO helmet from. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...helmet-232085/
    There is / was mixed feelings as to whether the logo was legit or not because some members said the seller had soiled his reputation by spicing things up at one time - and, "once a faker, always a faker" logic was proffered. I however, ( biased of course ) believe both mine and this one are legitimate screen printed stencils.
    I like it!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

well done dan,thats got to be a rarity.

Ned & Dan....You guys are right on...it was from Military Trader...I didn't know MT had a bad rep..the helmet appears to be period????????Thanks for your input...Dave H

Dan, checked your thread about the civil helmet looks great,i took some photo's of my logo,the age cracks appear to break up the logo so i believe the logo was on before the age cracks...any other opinions....Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arado pilot helmet   Arado pilot helmet  

Arado pilot helmet   Arado pilot helmet  

Dave, I think your photos of the cracking settle the arguments as to originality ( to me anyway ) .... the seller told me he bought the helmets from another large collection and I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and with these "in hand" we both know they are not recently cobbled together forgeries....... it is a shame in some peoples eyes that he has been "blackballed"

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks pretty damn good!! - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast