Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out!

Article about: I include myself in the above statement! OK Which squadron are these guys from? I've seen or heard about this insignia, but I can't recall where or the details. How'd you like to find one of

Default Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out!

I include myself in the above statement!

OK Which squadron are these guys from? I've seen or heard about this insignia, but I can't recall where or the details. How'd you like to find one of those tunics in the corner of your local antique store?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out!  

?

Default Re: Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out!

Hi ,
    1105th aero squadron I believe .
    Dave

I think Dave is correct and yes I'd love to find one of those laying about!

Tom-

WONDERFUL portrait! Wow....you got me with that one.

-Chuck

PS Both Dave & Gary are correct- it is most likely for the 1105th. I have no record of what this squadron accomplished overseas.

Yes, the 1105 Flying Elephant. I think they were a depot squadron for guys to transition back to the states from. I have a foto of a guy's uniform from there, if I can ever get my HD fixed on my other computer

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    I include myself in the above statement!

OK Which squadron are these guys from? I've seen or heard about this insignia, but I can't recall where or the details. How'd you like to find one of those tunics in the corner of your local antique store?
    You have been given correct info, this was indeed the 1105th Aero Replacement Squadron. Attached are pic of the patch and squadron insignia. I have another picture around here somewhere showing several men lined up wearing this patch.

Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out!  

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    You have been given correct info, this was indeed the 1105th Aero Replacement Squadron. Attached are pic of the patch and squadron insignia. I have another picture around here somewhere showing several men lined up wearing this patch.

Terry
    Terry-

Fascinating patch! The pin is interesting too. Thanks for making the effort to post the scan of these two rare items.

I hope you can find that image you mentioned because I sure would love to see it.

Regards,
    Chuck

Quote by hawk3370 View Post

Terry
    Words fail me! That is an AWESOME patch! Talk about amazing!

Thank you for posting that! Any history with it Terry?? I seem to remember that the 1105 had no planes assigned, was this true?

Quote by Chris L View Post
    Words fail me! That is an AWESOME patch! Talk about amazing!

Thank you for posting that! Any history with it Terry?? I seem to remember that the 1105 had no planes assigned, was this true?
    Chris,

There doesn't seem to be a lot of material about the 1105th out there. I believe that it was purely a replacement squadron for personnel. I don't believe they had any aircraft nor did the squadron see and front line service.

Terry

Quote by CThomas View Post
    Terry-

Fascinating patch! The pin is interesting too. Thanks for making the effort to post the scan of these two rare items.

I hope you can find that image you mentioned because I sure would love to see it.

Regards,
    Chuck
    Another picture of men of the 1105th Aero Replacement Squadron. Years ago I acquired a tunic and several patches from one individual. Tunic has long since parted my company but I retained one patch which was posted earlier. I can't recall the name of the individual soldier, its buried around here somewhere and when I dig it out will update.

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images Attention WWI aviation nerds,,check THIS patch out! 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast