Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Avro Vulcan XH558 - Last Chance To See It For Many Of Us.

Article about: Hi guys, U.K. members might be interested to know that the last national tour of Avro Vulcan XH558 will take place this weekend on the 10th (the North) and the 11th (the South) over a course

Here's some good footage of the 'Northern Tour' taken from the cockpit and bomb bay 2 weeks ago today. Alas, Cosford and I seem to have been edited from history..... Stirring soundtrack mind you.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well, the Vulcan took it's last ever flight this afternoon and it was shown live on TV and the net. Only problem was the feed went down as it came in to land! The whole thing was a major disappointment, a couple of circuits and bumps for 15 minutes and that was it, what a way to see the old girl out, anti climax is not the word!!

I was intending to post it here, but it was rubbish and a complete waste of time, so instead I settled for this; where the Vulcan is truly appreciated in a galaxy far, far away.....

Over and out, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3